Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I've been battling a tick bite that gave me the dreaded "bullseye" for the last week. Got some meds, but have been feeling pretty fatigued..

But, what the heck! It was a nice day so my friend and I headed up to 3 sites in the hills . 27,000 steps later, and we never found them. Instead he took me to a few sites he has already hit and we had a more leisurely hunt.

We were at a beautiful site that had a gentle sloping hill out back down towards a little creek. He said he had never made it down there yet, so I gave it a shot. It was only the 2nd or 3rd hole, and I got a choppy, mixed iron high tone. I almost didn't dig it.. but thank god something told me I better. I pulled 2 square nails, then a little grey disk. At first I thought it was a button...and called my buddy over. Then, I saw the Shield and IMMEDIATELY knew what it was.

Needless to say...he was a little jealous..but happy for me. I've always wanted a capped but 1843 is the earliest US silver I've been able to get. So today landed me a 1820 bucket lister and some good memories. Definitely feeling the days efforts and almost regretting overdoing it...(almost..) hope you all had a great 4th, good luck and HH! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499300173.040112.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499300187.616059.jpg

Upvote 32

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the early silver, digging iffy's at an old site is a given as there are times like yours that make all worth while.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one fantastic coin TGN! Its always a great feeling when you dig that questionable signal, and finally get rewarded for your effort. Congrats! I'm happy to hear you are recovering from your tick encounter. They are nothing but bad news.

Fyrguy86

Sep 15, 2013
Landenberg, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab GPX5000, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet coin!!!! congrats

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome coin! Congrats on finding such a great bucket lister!! Definitely near the top of my list.

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! The coin helps offset the early "Lyme" symptoms. Word of wisdom, it's the little ticks that will get you! As long as you get the antibiotics while the rash is present, then you shouldn't end up with full fledge Lyme Disease. Fingers crossed....

BIENER

Apr 27, 2016
Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweetness indeed
Congrats

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet old silver is like an ointment for your tick bite. Wonderful to notch that one off the list. Difficult to do for most folks. I hope you nip the tick bite in the bud and recover fully my friend. Congrats.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woohoo! Congrats on a really awesome silver! Hope you recover from that tick bite asap.

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woohoo! Congrats on a really awesome silver! Hope you recover from that tick bite asap.

Thanks. That old silver definitely helped ease the pain!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANY dug Capped silver coin is beautiful, and yours is truly amazing! Sorry to hear about the tick bite, but they are THICK this year, I picked 2 off me last weekend, and I was hunting a mowed park!! Glad I caught them before they dug in..congrats-im still looking for my 1st Capped, enjoy! Ddf

gentleone444

Apr 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those ticks are viscious! We got them bad up here in nw pa this year worse than usual because of the mild winter. Hope you get better soon and beautiful treasure you found there!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic coin buddy! Still on my list to find. I'd take a capped or a draped silver. I'm not picky lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread