Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I've been battling a tick bite that gave me the dreaded "bullseye" for the last week. Got some meds, but have been feeling pretty fatigued..

But, what the heck! It was a nice day so my friend and I headed up to 3 sites in the hills . 27,000 steps later, and we never found them. Instead he took me to a few sites he has already hit and we had a more leisurely hunt.

We were at a beautiful site that had a gentle sloping hill out back down towards a little creek. He said he had never made it down there yet, so I gave it a shot. It was only the 2nd or 3rd hole, and I got a choppy, mixed iron high tone. I almost didn't dig it.. but thank god something told me I better. I pulled 2 square nails, then a little grey disk. At first I thought it was a button...and called my buddy over. Then, I saw the Shield and IMMEDIATELY knew what it was.

Needless to say...he was a little jealous..but happy for me. I've always wanted a capped but 1843 is the earliest US silver I've been able to get. So today landed me a 1820 bucket lister and some good memories. Definitely feeling the days efforts and almost regretting overdoing it...(almost..) hope you all had a great 4th, good luck and HH! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499300173.040112.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499300187.616059.jpg

Upvote 32
OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly