Maiden Voyage For My Impact, or Language Lessons.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. The day arrived and so did my new Nokta Impact. Everything was present and accounted for. Well packaged and NO surprises. I did the least amount of manual reading I could to get the Impact put together and in the field pronto. I did have to install the software update to get the Red Edition wireless headphones to work but, they work fine. I didn't have much time but wanted to hit the field I have been pounding and the area I have recovered three Civil War Eagle buttons, my first Flying Eagle Cent, my first Spanish reale, and the crazy gold ring and diamond.

I still have quite a bit of adjusting to go through but, I do get the basics of the machine out of the box. Not too terribly different than my two Makro Racers to work through the menus and such. The Impact just has three frequencies and a variety of modes to select from. Should be fun experimenting and getting some pointers from some other Impact drivers.

Not much for finds but, my first recovery was a common little .22 short brass. I tried to avoid iron but did move a few small bits out of the way. I got a Winchester Leader 12 gauge brass. I got one of those nasty brass screws that give a really weird signal and a glob of lead. Getting dusk time I worked just off the edge of the field and got a deep iffy signal with some high VDI numbers that was tempting me. I dug a hole about 10 inches deep and finally flung out the thin "silver" disk and thought another reale, really?!? LOOL! It turned out to be an aluminum 25 cent piece of well worn play money. It sure was shiny under that black dirt. Headed toward the CV and dug one more iffy signal about 9 inches deep through some gravel. Got the nice old horse tack iron ring. Quite pleased I was able to get the new rig assembled and in the field to recover just a few decent targets. The cool large brass buckle was an eyeball find yesterday at my sand box field. It was laying right on the surface near a dump and burn pit. Anyone have any idea of the age or specific use on this cool old brass buckle? It's a really nice one and even has "BRASS" molded into the little pin thingy.

Sorry so long winded. Thanks for stopping by for the meager finds. In time I believe they will improve. Adios. Kurios1

Nokta Impact Take ONE 002.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 003.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 006.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 008.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 010.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 012.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 013.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 014.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 015.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 004.JPG Nokta Impact Take ONE 011.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 22
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what your trying to say but some horse tack buckles hardly changed in design for very many years so it maybe modern.

Sorry Cru. Allow me to clarify. I believe this could be an old item that has been hanging in the land owner's shed that he decided to throw out. I am not sure what all he has in his out buildings but, he does toss various stuff and burn it in this huge pit. The buckle may be a natural loss or something he had and tossed. Just curious it was laying on the surface right next to the burn pit with singe markings from being in a fire. Sorry for the confusion mate.:hello:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard great things about the impact ! Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions