Return to the virgin site coughs up more old coppers and relics

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi folks. I returned to the early Vermont homestead for the second time this spring as all the snow of the past slew of Nor'Easters has finally melted here in the Champlain Valley. Spent about 6 hours there on Thursday and uncovered some more nice relics. Finds include an 1833 Matron LC, a nearly wiped 1806/7 KG3 British halfpenny and a Rutland & Washington Railroad luggage tag from c. 1850-1865. Very pleased with those. Also dug some sort of lead/pewter religious medallion with a standing figure with staff on the obverse, and Christ on a cross on the reverse w/two figures left and right. I can just make out some text on the front (10 or 18 June at top below the hole, and the letters VE or VIN to its left at about 10 o'clock) but couldn't find a positive id online. Any clues on that one give me a shout! Also dug a slew of flat buttons, two early 1800s buckles and a nice colonial drawer knob. Thanks for looking and and if interested the video has been posted to the BTV Digger YouTube channel here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2KYR33NeJjLAwgOLib30A/videos

John

IMG_1475.JPG 1883LC_obverse.png 1833LC_reverse.png KG3_copper_obverse.png KG3_copper_reverse.png Rutland_Washington_luggage_tag_2.png medal_obverse_1.png medal_reverse_2.png button.png drawer_pull.png

Upvote 22

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your awesome finds. Religious Madame is really cool!. Well done HH

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that was an awesome hunt! I am kind of a RR geek at heart, so I would have FLIPPED at the RR tag. Especially when the research would have dated it to that era. That site is killing it for you, congratulations to you!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure on your ID of your "knob ?

BTW... Super great finds... well done.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome relic hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest: