May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why I took most of my holiday this week. Who needs sun,sea & sand (apart from beach detectorist ;)) Hit the right field at the right time :)

I have just got back from this mornings hunt & had to share, the rest I will post after the PM hunt.

Its my earliest, best, most valuable Gold coin so far & doubles my Dad's Qrter Noble ;D

I AM PUMPED - I thought this year may produce a gold but was beginning to lose faith.

UPDATED

(to keep everyone happy)
Dutch coin of EDWARD III period
Cica 1351 - 1352
HALF NOBLE

3.32gms of 21-22 Cwt Gold.
These are so rare, I don't have the proper books to id (nor did the experts I spoke to). I am not worried about a full Dutch Provence id. Dutch is good enough :) However if you know, I will be happy to hear?
Valued at auction £300-400 + but depends on full ID

It was badly bent by the plough & I carefully unfolded it (I don't recommend this). Its chewed up abit but at least its all there!

FIND OF A LIFETIME.

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 7,631
  • Before1.JPG
    Before1.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 7,304
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 7,258
  • after1.JPG
    after1.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 7,197
Upvote 5
O

ohannos

Re: DAY 7 - GOLD HAMMERED

just fantastic! i would really like to see a group photo of all your golden ones if you have the time. im still dreaming but hope i will find some nice stuff in sweden

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: DAY 7 - GOLD HAMMERED -UPDATED - I KEEP THIS COIN

Showed the farmer all the stuff from his fields including the gold coin. He was happy to except £150 from me to keep it. A price worth paying ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

S

seger98

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great find Crusader!!!!

I have GOT to get over there someday!

Congrats,
-SgtSki

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: DAY 7 - GOLD HAMMERED -copy for everyone :-)

Eivin said:

Welcome to tnet. Interesting introduction.

If you are implying that I brought a replica Edward III half gold noble which I'm sure you are you not? Then you would be way off the mark because you clearly haven't noticed I got my IDing wrong in the first place. Its not a Ed III its a Dutch coin copying our coinage of that period. (not a fake or counterfeit of the time but legal tender in Holland & traded around the world) They copied our coins as we were an established trading power. The only slight differences other than a unusual obv legend are the lines on the shield instead of Lions & a h in the centre of the reverse cross. Try & find a replica of one of these then?

martinuk

Aug 3, 2006
braintree essex

great find I've not been out lately will have to get some farmers permission where i live its near colchester an old roman city which Boadicea burned down i think if lucky might find her treasure lol

happy hunting

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

martinuk said:
great find I've not been out lately will have to get some farmers permission where i live its near colchester an old roman city which Boadicea burned down i think if lucky might find her treasure lol

happy hunting

Welcome to another fellow UKer ;D& great area to hunt. Clearly got competition with the US holiday market. Yes, she burnt it down killing 18000 Romans/civilians.

Can not wait to see what you get :)

Eivin

Nov 5, 2007
Bergen Hordaland
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3. DFX. Whites surf di pro. Troy M5. Ace 250. XP DEUS Ver. 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
Eivin said:

If you are implying that I brought a replica Edward III half gold noble which I'm sure you are you not? Then you would be way off the mark because you clearly haven't noticed I got my IDing wrong in the first place. Its not a Ed III its a Dutch coin copying our coinage of that period. (not a fake or counterfeit of the time but legal tender in Holland & traded around the world) They copied our coins as we were an established trading power. The only slight differences other than a unusual obv legend are the lines on the shield instead of Lions & a h in the centre of the reverse cross. Try & find a replica of one of these then?

No No I 'm not at all stating that you got the coin on eBay :(

I can and everybody, clearly see the difference between warm glowing gold and a fake one
that I pictured in my first contribution.

I am sorry if I sounded sarcastic, I am swearing that that was not my intention Crusader !

I have many times planned a trip to UK. it is only 8 houers boat trip from My town Bergen to Newcastle.

Here is a coin I found this summer. But I cant find out what it is. I think it is a farthing ?

No Hard feelings I hope Crusader ?

Attachments

• Hammered coin 2.JPG
    Hammered coin 2.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 352

castle keep

Oct 23, 2007
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Any that go bleep !!!!!

WOW well done mate awesome coin and who cares if it broke in straightening because then you'd have 2 lol

I think the farmer will appreciate some more modern coins than this one ;D

For those who don't already know, one coin can not be Treasure Trove or taken from you no matter what its value or importance and all the new laws brought out in the last 20 years are a waste of time because no one can prove you didn't find something before the new laws came into effect thus making the new laws void ::) ::) ::)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eivin said:
CRUSADER said:
Eivin said:

No No I 'm not at all stating that you got the coin on eBay :(

I can and everybody, clearly see the difference between warm glowing gold and a fake one
that I pictured in my first contribution.

I am sorry if I sounded sarcastic, I am swearing that that was not my intention Crusader !

I have many times planned a trip to UK. it is only 8 houers boat trip from My town Bergen to Newcastle.

Here is a coin I found this summer. But I cant find out what it is. I think it is a farthing ?

No Hard feelings I hope Crusader ?

If its copper, then its an English Jetton (counting token) of Edward I period.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb

I would think that an accurate heat range under precise control, could bring that baby back into snuff.

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done Crusader - this one tops the fabulous collection that you and your dad have brought us this year. If they were handing out gold medals for detecting I'd expect to see you on the podium for 2007. I think I would speak for a lot of people on the forum by saying your finds this year have been a true inspiration.

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.

Eivin said:

Jeg vet ikke helt om du er klar over det eivin, men når detektorførere kommer over mynter i Norge som er eldre enn 1650- så skal du melde ditt funn til myndighetene for registrering. Det som har vært problemet for oss som samarbeider tett med museum, ordensmakt og andre offentlige instanser, er funn som ikke blir rapportert inn.
Så vær litt foriktig med hvilke bilder du laster opp på en slik nettside som dette, da du egentlig kan risikere å lage problem for deg selv senere.

Det siste vi ønsker oss i Norge er masse med problemer slik som det er blitt i Sverige, der er det jo idag som du vet- mer eller mindre forbudt uansett å søke med detektor.

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldhamster said:
Eivin said:

Jeg vet ikke helt om du er klar over det eivin, men når detektorførere kommer over mynter i Norge som er eldre enn 1650- så skal du melde ditt funn til myndighetene for registrering. Det som har vært problemet for oss som samarbeider tett med museum, ordensmakt og andre offentlige instanser, er funn som ikke blir rapportert inn.
Så vær litt foriktig med hvilke bilder du laster opp på en slik nettside som dette, da du egentlig kan risikere å lage problem for deg selv senere.

Det siste vi ønsker oss i Norge er masse med problemer slik som det er blitt i Sverige, der er det jo idag som du vet- mer eller mindre forbudt uansett å søke med detektor.

Crikey! - not the easiest text to translate with online tools but its in response to Eivins find and I think Goldhamster is telling Eivan to register the coin he found with the authorities. I'm sure its interesting but nothing to do with Crusaders find as far as I can tell ::)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Harry_Morant said:
Well done Crusader - this one tops the fabulous collection that you and your dad have brought us this year. If they were handing out gold medals for detecting I'd expect to see you on the podium for 2007. I think I would speak for a lot of people on the forum by saying your finds this year have been a true inspiration.

Thanks for the kind words. This has been a special year for both of us, in fact the best so far. We are wondering how to top it next year. However the new land looks very promising. I have to say that our success is mainly due to our up front & honest approach. Most farmers have meet the bad elements of detecting & take some convincing that we are guinue. Without honesty we have nothing to offer above everyone else. It has served us well. I need a break at the moment to recover but we are so addicted that even if I damage myself for life, I will die trying :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions