Found 1864 Virgin Confederate Campsite....MAYBE

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats up ya'll. One of my boys gave me a call yesterday hysterical with wonderlust about this site that he ran across. It was just a normal day and so he went out looking for new places to hunt. Well as most of you know, finding a virgin civil war site is like...NEVERMIND won't go there ;D ;D ;D...let's just say that it is VERY rare these days. It is a beautifully located spot of which has earthworks, trenches,and rifle pits not too far away. He walked into the plot about 40 yards and made ONE sweep with his Nautilus and had TWO BEEPS. He just swept once standing there! And TWO Great BEEPS! Once recovered, he quickly saw that it was two 2-Ringer Confederate Gardners :) ;D ;D Well to make a long story short, he rushed OUT of the woods full of adrenalin-which satisfied his detectin addiction for a short time-AND DIRCTLY called me. He was like "Dude, I may have found a Virgin site...so you need to get your @$$ up here and hit it with me....SSOOO Sunday, you KNOW where I will be! I may go tomorrow to even though I should get some things done in my Non-Detecting life-dam a bummer that is always interfering with my obsession for diggin- It keeps CALLIN my name...My MXT has ESP and it calls out to me "JOSH...JOSH I havent been used in 36 hours and that is unexceptable buddy!" So I may found myself back in my neck in the same place diggin where I found that Enfield w/ the wooden plug still in it. YA'LL KNOW ME and you will be the FIRST TO KNOW if we have an awesome day or not ;) :) :)

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have taken the day off work :D

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
;D Good luck at that site. Sounds like the place to be! HH

Desertfox

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh yes, I'd have left right then to go with him! We all dream of unfound campsites especially CS. I am lucky to have my own private Yankee campsite on my farm but who wouldn't jump for a chance at what you have described! Let us know what you find and if you need any help....just kidding. HH!
Mike

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope you have a camp there . To me a CW camp site would one of the most exciting times of my life. I have hunted on CW camp sites before but they were beat to death already. I think I walked away with two bullets. That is a good friend to call you like that I just hope that he don't tell to many people about the location. You may have a real treasure there.

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
It sounds like your friend is a true one :) he could have kept
that site to himself. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Doozis

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Way to go, Manganos! You guys always sniff out the good Civil War sites. I can't wait to see what you find!

Keep the White's pride high, buddy.

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
OMG!!!! You found a gem!!! I too would take a day....or two off for THAT!!!!!! If you're anywhere in Maryland, let me know and I can "help you out!" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I would have been on my way before he put the phone down. Who cares if the wife is hanging by a twig off the edge of a cliff, a place like that is....well I won't go there either. Good luck, and keep us posted.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh,
I'm on my way up. I will be there by Sunday, so don't leave without me. ;D
Oh that's right, my wife gave me a to-do list for Sunday. :'(
Good luck to you guys. Score some good CW relics!
-MM-

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
manganos said:
Well Josh and I hit the area. We were doomed from the beginning. First he forgets one of his boots so he is thigh deep in vegetation in sandles swinging the coil. Next he says his new coil is SHOT. Third....I didn't find a dang thing. I must have found the only two bullets in the whole area. On the way back home we stopped by a construction site. I eyeballed some pottery but there were dig holes everywhere. Someone else beat us to that spot. Good luck Hunting everyone!

That is a first. :D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No one ever beat's you to anywhere.....fall's here....Stay at it,you might still be in the thick of thing's.....Good Luck and don't give up up on this one.....Persistance!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions