Good day in the water

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
The wife cut me loose for a couple of hours this afternoon and I went back a place that is an old private beach that my friend has rights to. Last November I hit it four a couple of hours but it was just above freezing then so water time was limited. Today I was pulling up alot of trash and a few clad but had pulled a merc or 2 before so I just sputtered along and then BAM my detector goes off like I hit a beer can. After pulling up a 8" piece of pipe I rescan and get another nicer hit. Pulled one of the SLQs up and rescanned and Bam,pulled the 1906 Barber and then the other SLQ out of the same hole.Wow what a day, that makes 3 SLQs in 2 days and I doubt I'll beat that anyday soon.The pics are after putting them through electrolysis and there are no dates again on the SLQs and silver tends to get a little pitted in this water. I also found a 1960 canadian nickel and 45 & 28 wheaties.
Good Hunting
Everyone is making great finds and I try responding but I get lost sometimes :lol
silver4-10-05.JPG

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are great. Congratulations.

What are you wearing in the water? Hip boots? Wet suit? The water's got to be freezing.

OP
OP
K

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
I'm still in waders but my wieght belt is in the mail so I'll use my wetsuit then.

F

Floater

Hey Keith , Those are B E A U TIFULL . Great JOB and you must have some sort of wet suit or your the man of steel. If I hit the water and its not 84 degrees you can be sure the the family jewels just got shrunk and my eyes pop out of my head. LOL Got a question for ya though on the electrolysis.
What kind do you have and did you make it yourself
could you post a picture of it
how long did you leave them in for and did that take the dates off or were they already gone.
Thanks HH

OP
OP
K

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
Floater,I'm in waders for now see previous post. I made my electrolysis rig myself with a transformer and a couple of alligator clips and a pyrex bowl, nothing fancy. I just put about a tablespoon of salt and leave them sizzle for about 20 minutes or maybe a little longer till they're done ;D I'll try to remember to take pic later thanks

D

Darod

Nice, very very nice!

Persistance pays off again!

Great finds.

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread