Sunday Vaquero Hunt !!!

Big Mo

Greenie
Mar 19, 2003
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Advantage, Minelab X70
Took my wifes Vaquero out for a quick spin and came up with these at a new site I am checking out. My wife is gonna kill me if I do not quit using her new machine, but I think I am starting to like it!!! Came away with 11 wheat backs, a 1913 Barber Dime, and a 1912 V Nickle. Hope everyone got out for a hunt this fine sunny day, at least it was here in Eastern Oregon ;D.

Mike (Big Mo)

Attachments

• Detector hunt 191.jpg
    Detector hunt 191.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
Isn't using a wifes detector punishable by going to bed without your supper ;D great finds and it seems you need to expand your detector family

F

Floater

That will teach ya to buy her the good machine. LOL great finds .HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Big Mo.
1: What's a Vaquero??
2: What's your other machine?
3: Where kind of site did you hunt at?
4: Are you sick of reading my questions? :D

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
Awesome finds, Where at in eastern Oregon if I might ask?

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hwy Big Mo! Looks like you had a really good site. Better results than I have had around Stanfield. I made the trip to Nashville last week but my cold & cough got out of control. Been miserable for the last week. haven't been out at all.

We need to get together soon. Congrats on the finds. Was it a local site? Spotz

OP
OP
Big Mo

Big Mo

Greenie
Mar 19, 2003
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone for the congrats,
I have been a long time lurker, occasional poster. These came out of an old house site that I travel by everyday to work. Finally stopped and tried it out, will have to look a little closer, alot of bits and pieces of iron to contend with. I live in Penldeton, OR, along Interstate 84. Started out a Whites user, but have made the change to Tesoro. I currently have and use a Silver Sabre Umax w/mods, a Tejon, and my wife uses her new Vaquero and her trusty Cortes and of course my Whites Goldmaster 4B for my gold hunting. I am really liking the pinpoint on the Vaquero, but miss the adjustable VCO that is on my Tejon. Spotz, we will get together soon, this was just a quick check of a new site. I have a few that we can hit when we get together. Take care.

Mike (Big Mo)

joey

Mar 27, 2005
boston, ga
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100
way to go ! maybe you should get you a metal detector too, so you both can double your finds! h/h

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ? ?Great finds!!? ?Any where near Enterprize?? Use to hunt mule deer there.? ?WTG!!? ?HH

OP
OP
Big Mo

Big Mo

Greenie
Mar 19, 2003
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
I am about 80 miles to the southwest of Enterprise, but also have knocked down a few nice Mulies ;D out of some areas around there. Beautiful country :o!!!!

Mike (Big Mo)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread