WOW! Massive 1942 WWII USAAF Bombadier 10K Gold Ring! - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: WOW! Massive 1942 WWII USAAF Bombadier 10K Gold Ring!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2011
    Sonora, CA
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Any updates from the family?
    SeabeeRon and Citiboy289 like this.

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    1273 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebutton View Post
    Any updates from the family?
    BUMP! Yes, really hoping this works out well for the OP and the lost Airman's decedents.
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

us
    Can You Dig It?

Aug 2017
    Milwaukee WI
    Minelab Equnox 800 Garett ACE 250 Garett AT Pinpointer
    1552 times
    Hey everyone I don't have any news yet. I Haven't heard from ancestry and dont know if I will. Honestly I've been busy lately with work and my kids being home for school. If anyone respectible on TNet is interested in assisting in the search PM me and I can give you the information I do have. Thanks so much everyone who has been interested In this find. It means a lot and I hope this story will have a happy ending.
    My METAL DETECTOR is actually a TIME MACHINE

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    41987 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Thats a big ol nugget
    TheMilDetector likes this.
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

us
    Apr 2020
    Northwest
    Tesoro compadre, which can find needles, but looking for something with a bigger coil/detects deeper, waterproof salt/fresh user friendly.
    575 times
    Metal Detecting
    Once you locate the family it will be interesting to hear what they know....look forward to an update. Great recovery!
    "It's not just good it's good enough!"

Crusty the Clown

us
    Can You Dig It?

Aug 2017
    Milwaukee WI
    1552 times
    Well everyone, here is the update for now. I contacted the cemetery searching for next of kin with no luck. I called every number I could find from truepeoplesearch.com also with no luck. Every number was either disconnected or the wrong number. I called The Mighty Eight museum over the weekend and left a message asking for help finding the next of kin. Still waiting for a call back from them. I think I'm running out of options. Anyone have some suggestions?
    Citiboy289 likes this.

Sep 2020
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMilDetector View Post
    Anyone have some suggestions?
    Sure, Accept it as your own property.
    Never know when you need a chunk of gold, especially when having Kids... Congrats!

us
    Aug 2012
    North Georgia
    Various depends on the need at the moment
    375 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMilDetector View Post
    Well everyone, here is the update for now. I contacted the cemetery searching for next of kin with no luck. I called every number I could find from truepeoplesearch.com also with no luck. Every number was either disconnected or the wrong number. I called The Mighty Eight museum over the weekend and left a message asking for help finding the next of kin. Still waiting for a call back from them. I think I'm running out of options. Anyone have some suggestions?
    Well guess its time to chime in with my opinion . For some reason , unknown to us , you are the custodian of this historical item and it was sent your way. You have exceeded in all areas in an attempt to return it to the family. So if I was in your your shoes. I would accept my role as the holder of the history and keep it safe. When you dispose of you findings in time. I would tell my children the story of the owner and how it came into your possession.
    If they want to continue to hold it ( no ebay ) I would pass it on. If you don't feel it will be respected for what it is, I myself would turn it over to the MIGHTY EIGHT and have them put it in one of their displays , with the original owners name and as donated to them in his honor by you.
    You have done your best
    SeabeeRon and TheMilDetector like this.

us
    Can You Dig It?

Aug 2017
    Milwaukee WI
    1552 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Citiboy289 View Post
    Well guess its time to chime in with my opinion . For some reason , unknown to us , you are the custodian of this historical item and it was sent your way. You have exceeded in all areas in an attempt to return it to the family. So if I was in your your shoes. I would accept my role as the holder of the history and keep it safe. When you dispose of you findings in time. I would tell my children the story of the owner and how it came into your possession.
    If they want to continue to hold it ( no ebay ) I would pass it on. If you don't feel it will be respected for what it is, I myself would turn it over to the MIGHTY EIGHT and have them put it in one of their displays , with the original owners name and as donated to them in his honor by you.
    You have done your best

Thanks Citiboy. You have been very helpful and I appreciate all the suggestions and input you have given me in the last few weeks. I will take care of the ring and continue to share the story I have become apart of. IF the Might Eight gets back to me Ill let everyone know. Maybe some day down the road I'll donate it but well just have to see. I really enjoy holding it and just thinking about what the airman might have gone through. Until next time happy hunting and good luck out there.
    Citiboy289 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    Nox 800, CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett AT Max, Whites DFX, Vanquish 540
    3584 times
    One in a million find! Absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing!!!
    "If you can cut the people off from their
    history, then they can be easily persuaded."
    ~ Karl Marx

"History does not long entrust the
    care of freedom to the weak or the timid."
    ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links