headphones

arnoldziffel

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
i use the Jolly Rogers. They have a volume control on them. They make good ear muffs in the cold at the beach. :)
i have a set of white's headphones that go with another detector I got. But I haven't tried them or the other detector yet. I am not sure if you need the volume control on them or not, but from what I have read in this forum, I think you might. Otherwise you could blow out your hearing. I also think the quality of the speakers might make a difference on the deeper and very faint signals. I'm new though, so don't take my word as gospel. look for other replies as well. good luck.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll need a 1/4" male to 1/8" female adapter (or smaller) to use the dinky phones. Radio Shack has them. But, while you're there, check out some of their inexpensive stereo headphones first. I used a pair of theirs for a couple years before I got my Black Widows.

Anything by DetectorPro (i.e. Gray Ghost, Rattler, Black Widow) is a good investment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions