Pancho Villas Silver

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Re: Pancho Villa's Silver

pip,

You are quite correct. I have recently seen a nobody insult some well known and respected professionals.

A bookworm...
No field experience.
Only knows what she read...
Someone in here insults people for that.

Places copper mining 2000 years before the domestication of corn?

here's her resume, from her own page:

SUSAN RAPALJE MARTIN
EDUCATION
Michigan State University 1985 PhD Anthropology
Michigan State University 1977 MA Anthropology
Miami University (Ohio) 1970 AB Political Science

Strange to live in a world that everything you believe is fact, while others with factual information are degraded.

Oh, and bolton is considered a quaint and outdated historian at best.
The only thing he did was attempt to create a holistic method to examine history.

That's a fact jack.

While those are only partial quotes, I believe they show the contempt you speak of. I have a few other such example from the same "genius", but this seems to exemplify his contempt for his betters.

Do you have other examples of this detestable trait?

Before lionizing Pancho Villa, you should read his memoirs. The romantic picture of his being a Robin Hood, is belied by his own written history. He was about a bit more than robbing from the rich and giving to the poor.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Ribaudo

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey CJ,

I can't find either of those two quotes about Bolton. What thread were they in? If somebody wrote that, I really want to answer.

Best-Mike

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense

I must confess that I do not frequent the forum at that link, but on this occasion I sure am glad I did, simply because it confirmed what I believed about the poster from the response I recieved above. See even a contempted, uneducated person like myself can sometimes be absolutely right, even when taking a stab in the dark.
Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

:coffee2: Gary

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peerless. my friend you posted-->

See even a contempted, uneducated person like myself can sometimes be absolutely right ,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hm not even "I" am, just ask my wife sniff.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

Real de Tayopa said:
Good afternoon bookaroo: I have always been curious. At the end of villas career, he was effectively out of money and his few remaining troops were unpaid. If he had tons of loot buried, as is commonly supposed, why did he then raid New Mexico, knowing that it would create a hornets nest in both Mexico and US?? he would be hunted by both sides with no place to go.

Later he was awarded a pension and the meat contract in Chihuahua by the govt. to get him settled down. His widow never had any money and had to ask for a pension also, which she received. She always claimed that he had no buried loot, that he had spent it all on arms and munitions. His last effort was to create his army which was destroyed by Obregon since he had never learned about self covering, interlocking machine gun fire. He never recovered from this. The remnants of his army were half starved when he hit New Mexico.

Just curious and ill informed.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Friend Joe, I was told by veterans descendants and have also read that a trader in Columbus took payment in gold for weapons and then refused to deliver and taunted Villa to do something about it. I don't recall if that man survived the raid on columbus. Villa could function with weapons or with gold. He could not function without both. siegfried schlagrule

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

pip,

I would say that your last statement is true. That being said, it does not pay to ignore every word that does not fit a pre-concieved conclusion.

Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:15 am Post subject: No Beef......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Terry,

There is no beef......

It's been eight years since the mine was worked. The story has been floating out there for a number of those years. What you have, is only a hint of what took place.

I have heard that most of the people involved, have left the building......so to speak. What I have, was given to me by a friend who discovered the site some time ago.

This story will remain, pretty much, just as it has been told. I can supply more pictures, but it won't all be exposed in a day.

Take care,

Joe

I have never personally been to the site. All I have are pictures and the exact coordinates. My friend found the site a number of years after it was abandoned. From that discovery, we pieced together the rest of the story.

I mentioned that I did not like the way that they left their trash, but understood why they did not take the additional risk of packing it out. Since the mine had been cleaned out, they could have just thrown their trash into the shaft and caved it in. Had they done that, I would not have the proof/pictures that the mine was worked. I don't have one speck of tangible evidence as to who did it. That being said, I am pretty sure I know them. Of course, I know a lot of Dutch Hunters.

In this game, it's often not what you know.......but who you know. I know a dozen people who have been to that site. They had nothing to do with working it, but they have all seen the evidence that was left. At one time, a very well know person in Dutch Hunting circles, named the mine the Generator Mine.

At this point it's all history. In time, it will become legend. We simply gave a lot of people some of the inside story. If not for me, the interior pictures of that mine would have probably remained hidden for a bit longer. It's possible that the pictures are of the LDM. Not many people have ever seen that mine, so you should be thanking me.

You are welcome to spin what I have written any way you like. I have given up, almost everything I know about that mine. If someone wants to find fault with that, you are all free to call, write, email or curse me face to face. I have never hidden from anyone.

I am really tired of this little battle of wits with you, as it is much to one-sided. Your level of intelligence can't be hidden by your hatred. Everyone who takes the time to read your posts will probably realize that fact, and you will eventually get the recognition you have worked so hard for.

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

S.S.,

I know your question was for Don Jose, but I have a little information about what might have been a reason for the raid.

It is said that Villa made a deal with the Ravel Brothers of Columbus for weapons and ammunition. He paid in advance, but never received the goods. During the raid, they captured Arthur Ravel and tried to force him to open the company safe. He claimed he did not have the combination, and eventually escaped when the two men holding him were shot.

Just another story from an exciting time in history.

Take care,

Joe

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe R,

Thanks for the link.

ISEESAIDTHEBLINDMAN!!!

PIPPIN, how could you say such a thing about H.E. Bolton? While I don't know you personally, what you said about Bolton shows you as being either arrogant or uneducated about his body of work. The man scoured libraries all over the place, and found the diaries of many Spanish Explorers. He then translated them, and put them in book form for all to read.

If he did nothing else with his life, that is truly worthy of praise from EVERY person who researches Spanish and Jesuit Colonial History in modern times. If he had not rescued those diaries, there is a very good chance that they would have disappeared forever (there are some documents that I KNOW for certain were in the Mexican Archives 40-50 years ago that are not there now).

Best-Mike

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used

Siegfried Schlagrule said:
Real de Tayopa said:
Good afternoon bookaroo: I have always been curious. At the end of villas career, he was effectively out of money and his few remaining troops were unpaid. If he had tons of loot buried, as is commonly supposed, why did he then raid New Mexico, knowing that it would create a hornets nest in both Mexico and US?? he would be hunted by both sides with no place to go.

Later he was awarded a pension and the meat contract in Chihuahua by the govt. to get him settled down. His widow never had any money and had to ask for a pension also, which she received. She always claimed that he had no buried loot, that he had spent it all on arms and munitions. His last effort was to create his army which was destroyed by Obregon since he had never learned about self covering, interlocking machine gun fire. He never recovered from this. The remnants of his army were half starved when he hit New Mexico.

Just curious and ill informed.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Friend Joe, I was told by veterans descendants and have also read that a trader in Columbus took payment in gold for weapons and then refused to deliver and taunted Villa to do something about it. I don't recall if that man survived the raid on columbus. Villa could function with weapons or with gold. He could not function without both. siegfried schlagrule
cactusjumper said:
S.S.,

I know your question was for Don Jose, but I have a little information about what might have been a reason for the raid.

It is said that Villa made a deal with the Ravel Brothers of Columbus for weapons and ammunition. He paid in advance, but never received the goods. During the raid, they captured Arthur Ravel and tried to force him to open the company safe. He claimed he did not have the combination, and eventually escaped when the two men holding him were shot.

Just another story from an exciting time in history.

Take care,

Joe

SS, Joe, Another interesting part of the Ravel/ Villa story is that the Hotel/Mercantile? owned by Ravel was burned to the ground in that raid.

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used

Joe, I came across a 1967 article where Ted DeGrazia had gone in search of the LDM with 2 reporters and 12 other men. I also found an article published after the time he was meant to have burned his paintings in the supers. In that article he claims " I am still storing paintings in the cave".
Did he really burn those paintings?
If you want the 2 articles pm me your email and i'l send the pdf files.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Tag post for a fascinating thread, please ignore. Please do go on gentlemen...
:thumbsup:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Gary,

I don't have those articles, so I would love to see them. You can send them to [email protected]

I don't believe he burned all of his paintings. Probably a ruse to save his wife from having to pay the tax's on them when he died. She likely sold them as she needed to and paid the tax's piecemeal.

Take care,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Mike,

Exposure to sunlight is the best disinfectant for this kind of infection. I realize that everyone won't agree with my take on this guy, and that's fine. I don't mind letting my posts do my talking for me. My name is at the bottom of all but a few of those posts.

Take care,

joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Gary,

Many thanks for the copies of the articles. I had not seen them before.

You will find the connection to Pancho Villa in the following copies of articles:

ArizonaRepublic1.jpg

Three more will follow.

Take care,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread