Ghost Town Treasures

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Money is always a great find. If there are standing buildings ,remember to look under the floor boards. I had a friend who found close to ten thousand dollars under a loose floorboard , directly after another group of people left who were hunting with detectors.
Another person I know very well found 5000.00 in a mason jar buried in a chicken coop.

There are bottles that are rare and and can bring a great price as well as old tins.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there's a story about a guy who went into a ghost town and in one of the cabins was a large clump of dirt. when went to see what it was he found a pair of levi's. story goes that he went home and washed them like 35 times to get the dirt out. (according to the story he should have kept the dirt in-i dunno). then took to a vintage store and the owner said he had never seen a pair like this. there was a fire or maybe the earthquake of 1906 and most of levi records b4 this are lost. anyway took a pic and sent it to levi's and the offered him $50k for the pants.. he thought it might be worth more so i think sotheby's or someone like that got over $300k for them. they were the oldest set of levis ever... if anyone else has heard of this i would like to know if this is correct... this is the story i was told...

pseudodragon

Greenie
Jan 7, 2006
I seem to recall reading about the Levi's story a few years ago. The story I read talked about a guy finding the levi's at the bottom of an old mine shaft (coal mine, I think it was). I don't remember exactly where it was, though. You could probably do a Google search and turn something up.

Gary

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Pegleglooker,
The jeans you mention were shown on the Travel channel special on worlds greatest treasures, the finder got close to a half million for the old jeans if memory serves. The jeans were found in an old ghost town (mining town) in Nevada, the program did not say which town.
Oroblanco

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishandhunt, ask youself two questions:
Can you get to a real ghost town?
What attracts you there?... Only the scenery?...
For most people is treasure in any form.
Digman.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread