Found a Scorpion

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
Ph17,

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you full. However, in taking and exerpt from the pendant page:

"This Iced Out Pendant is made of the highest quality Stainless Steel with a Platinum finish for that extra shine."

If this symbol has been around for a millenia, then the possibility exists to create a knockoff jewellery design. Appearantly you can get it "with that extra shine". Hence, the possibility of this aforementioned item potentially being the real deal. Time will tell the tale. We will just have to wait....

Clay

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Blind.In.Texas said:
Ph17 said:
It's just a necklace someone dropped in the mud. You can buy them online.

Look
http://www.jewelrybynet.com/Skull_Scorpion_Huge_Pendant_p/dmb-b18.htm
Looks solved to me. Right down to the two lateral grooves on the back of the head and the two different types of exoskeleton on the tail.

I disagree completely...look at the "sockets" of the one on the rock (if indeed that's even what it is one this one..there is a metal line that extends the length of it that the shiny jewelry junk does not..there are also several other difference obvious upon side to side examination...how this ended up in Israel and why they "glued" it to a rock would also be a strange thing...unless it is a hoax..but I think its a completely different scorpion

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read a few posts made on this forum, by people who say they've made caches for folks to find in the future after they've gone on into eternity. Nothing fabulously rich, but worth finding. Could someone have used that "commercially available" item as part of their "treasure trail" being built today? After all, there are very valuable things being hidden TODAY by folks all over the world. Treasure caches weren't all hidden "yesterday". As KVM once wrote, people are burying valuables everyday.

If I had a bunch of valuables, where would I hid them? Not in a bank deposit box for sure and not in my house; but probably in a hole somewhere. I do not have that "problem", but IF I DID...........that's what I would do.

Follow that scorpion to it's cache, but be careful. If it IS a modern day cache, it's owner will be keeping an eye on it. :thumbsup:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with PH17,

Modern jewelry.

Best-Mike

Attachments

• 382948566.jpg
    382948566.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 498

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
gollum said:
I agree with PH17,

Modern jewelry.

Best-Mike

No offense, but those two are OBVIOUSLY different in many areas. Look at tthe thickness of the tail, etc..look at the metal running through the "sockets" of the one in the rock..they are NOT the same

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread