A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Triangles are used for travel and also to find or mark an alignment boulder or just another marker, as compared to the alignments which actually are for finding the dig spot, its just like hadje said the alignments are not a triangle.

Another thing measuring around a triangle is many times in English feet as are many of the Spanish Markers, they used both Varas and English Feet.

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Here is what I'm thinking. If you measure the 1/2 way mark of all three Triangle Lines you would then draw a straight line between each 1/2 way point on each line. These lines woould then intersect at a given point within the Triangle thus marking the exact dig spot. Am I right?? I await. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
RH, I have seen alignments come in from every angle, but the major ones are almost always placed straight down hill or straight uphill or on the side at the same elevation. I do not recall ever seeing an Important marker that was really important while going down a wash.(they always come into view while I am walking Up the wash), however some images are meant to be seen from the dig spot and if the marker is straight downhill then you will see the image on the marker while standing at the dig spot looking down the hill.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Sandy, I can see 2 large boulders that make the alignment to the dig spot. Which one of the 2 is the rabbit? The most Northern or southern boulder?

Thanks.

Gabriel Maza

Apr 25, 2016
Sinaloa
Detector(s) used
garret 350 and Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi sandy, think that this is an alignment to the point of digging?

In another angle

and another

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The Only way to know for sure would be to follow it until you found another alignment that would crisscross it,

It is not easy finding the correct alignments as there will be many that are going to different spots (including bogus spots)

I try to start with a shaft sign as that will lead you to (a shaft)

This is why I continue to show good alignments so you guys will not get fooled by many of the BS markers out there, remember the way to know for sure if an alignment is real is two ways (multiple crisscrossing alignments and measuring with known distances)

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is another Shaft sign from a different Location.

1 (20).JPG

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Awesome pictures Sandy1. Can there be natural type boulders that may look like a shaft sign but were not done by man?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The ones I have found have other Boulders and Rocks around them that verify that they are not natural. That is the one thing I always check, I would never use a single marker without having verification from others around it.

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandy; I see a tree there in your first set of pictures that has rocks in a circle around it and it is elevated as well. Is that a dig spot Marker ??

Gabriel; In that first picture I see a Bears Face directly behind the Allinment Marker. In the Second picture I see a Alligator sitting just to the Left of Center in the photo. In your 3rd picture I think I see a Cross carved into the rock just to the Right of Center behind the latger boulder. What say ye guys ?? PEACE:RONB

Gabriel Maza

Apr 25, 2016
Sinaloa
Detector(s) used
garret 350 and Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandy; I see a tree there in your first set of pictures that has rocks in a circle around it and it is elevated as well. Is that a dig spot Marker ??

Gabriel; In that first picture I see a Bears Face directly behind the Allinment Marker. In the Second picture I see a Alligator sitting just to the Left of Center in the photo. In your 3rd picture I think I see a Cross carved into the rock just to the Right of Center behind the latger boulder. What say ye guys ?? PEACE:RONB

Hello Barker. If this interesting point, I see this alignment, then I need another to cross in that area to make it point to dig?

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gabriel; Strangly I see a rock right there that has an Eagles Head carved into it. I'm noticing that there seems to be a lot of different styles of Markers in that Vicinity. I think the Sentinels were up to their old tricks using Graffitti to lure you away from the actual Dig Spot so be careful ok. PEACE:RONB

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting you mentioned 24.75 feet (9 varas), because I just found that a couple times on the site I having been working on the last couple weeks. Each 9 vara alignment also had an X on a marker at end of that distance. One of the X's was also on the back side of an A frame style marker.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
X on back.jpg Yeah I was looking at them more as verification for a marker vs an "X marks the dig spot".

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This one was pretty interesting though, I uncovered and turned it over along with a few other rocks. View attachment 1386562 (the small X showed up a bit better in the field, actually I did a double take on it when I turned it over)

A rock shaped like an owl with what looked like a cross (with a circle for a base) on it was pointing to that spot about 13 feet away just on the side of a trail. View attachment 1386563 . I have seen the cross with a circle for a base somewhere before. Will probably check it out a bit more soon.

Attachments

• X small.jpg
    X small.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
  • cross on owl 2.jpg
    cross on owl 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone found mini layouts at certain sites? Meaning ,mini stones, shadow, sun signs, in a very small scale at dig sites? Using compression theory, like sandy1 has talked about, or aka photography. Anyone wanna share some photos,if you believe in those types of layouts, id like to see them.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
DTTH I have seen alot of small carvings right near hoyos and gunsites and sometimes large markers. But otherwise it gets too hard to say what's imagination and what's really there. Sometimes you can't be positive one way or anther you just have to go with it and see what turns up. So much illusion often going on it's meant to challenge your skepticism one way or another. Just have to draw the line somewhere and then go back to the bigger markers.

For instance the Cross on my owl rock I just posted, and the small X on the overturned rock. I can't be positive about it one way or another, but there is enough other stuff in the area that I am inclined to go with it. Also it is in a good relative position to other nearby markers, the most prominent one of them it's 300/120 degrees from, and it was a roundish rock with an odd tick toe grid on it, with a heart in one of the squares, but it turned to an a frame/pyramid rock when you stand at that spot. It's on the opposite side of the pointed boulder out in front my compass picture with the tripod 3 or 4 pages back.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread