Basic signs and symbols you have found

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick:
I played with the contrast and lighting and brought out a little more detail to consider. The first photo has some SMALL details such a letters and numbers, but not a lot. How large is this area?

inscription.jpg

The second photo is a profile of a dog's head looking toward the left. The heart is a small one laying against the dogs forehead. What in the world are all of those root wigglies all over the stone?

heart.jpg

RICKXXX

May 7, 2009
Thanks Shortstack,..the inscription still doesn't yield many clues though does it.. it is recessed about 13'' long and 3'' high,the other half is even more deteriorated than the first half.. we will do a rubbing to see if it gives any better detail. the rocks are underwater every few years,which contribute to the heavy erosion and the root wigglies from moss. we have found several other hearts along this trail, and a few pointers all leading to another pointer or symbol. taking digging gear in the morning,I think we are close to the end of the trail. we have found two turtles as well,along with other signs.

we're are back to the trail again tommorrow,... Happy Hunting !!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick:
Please don't take this wrong, but I think you're posting too much info about your project. You may want to delete some of it. :coffee2:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Sounds fascinating rick. It is a great story but i have to agree with ss..about deleting the fleet movements etc.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill and Kim,
great call by the two of you! as I whole heartily agree..sometimes we forget that thousands of others view this site just looking for free leads! Security is the number one issue in this modern electronic age more so than any other!
best regards
rangler
remember the Bible says..."dont cast your jewelry in the corral"....paraphrasing of course!

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Rick! You are probably right about you being very close to the end of the trail. Your boot pic, looks to more like a foot without a boot, and it also has a small pointer rock ( pointing ) this out, meaning you can make it from here barefootin it!! Luck Bro! td PS. The pointer also seem to be pointing out a small arrow, and it is setting in a half heart! Also pay attention to the crack running across the ankle and the notch at bottom left side!

The barefoot may also mean the next good sign will also be in the water, so keep your boots dry!

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
I notices at the bottom of the heart it has a very sharp point and a shadow mark of a half moon with the flat side down. The Spanish used a half moon symbol like this to show dig here directly underneath this symbol is in many Books of signs and symbols, it wouldn't hurt to dig below and see what is there. There is also to sharp cuts on the right lobe, when a heart told you gold is there in this area only, the heart would be made smooth when it has cuts like this it is giving you another meaning. I found one once that had a cut in the left lobe from the center out and followed the direction of this cut and found an almost hidden Spanish mine. I could not go in and do any exploring there because it was located on Government property and that area had a security camera on it.

Minetres

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minetres said:
I notices at the bottom of the heart it has a very sharp point and a shadow mark of a half moon with the flat side down. The Spanish used a half moon symbol like this to show dig here directly underneath this symbol is in many Books of signs and symbols, it wouldn't hurt to dig below and see what is there. There is also to sharp cuts on the right lobe, when a heart told you gold is there in this area only, the heart would be made smooth when it has cuts like this it is giving you another meaning. I found one once that had a cut in the left lobe from the center out and followed the direction of this cut and found an almost hidden Spanish mine. I could not go in and do any exploring there because it was located on Government property and that area had a security camera on it.

Minetres

Thanks for the info,

My worry would be that the two slashes indicate a wounded heart, warning of a death trap.
Any thoughts? That heart is seven feet tall and looks to be holding back lots of boulders.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
EVERYONE,

The Spanish used set points and sets of directions as to how to use these points to determine a place to dig.
It was against the King's rules to mark a place to dig.
every one of the holes we dig was indicated by a set of directions as to what measurements to use and where to measure from.
This rule of the realm was top priority to keep the goods safe, and was strictly adhered to.

If there is a doubt check the spot with a two box don't just dig.
A hole without reason is hard on a person (without cause)
It also leads to hard feelings if it was a recommended thing to do and comes up dry.

There is no such thing as a dig here mark. Period.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Old Dog said:
EVERYONE,

The Spanish used set points and sets of directions as to how to use these points to determine a place to dig.
It was against the King's rules to mark a place to dig.
every one of the holes we dig was indicated by a set of directions as to what measurements to use and where to measure from.
This rule of the realm was top priority to keep the goods safe, and was strictly adhered to.

If there is a doubt check the spot with a two box don't just dig.
A hole without reason is hard on a person (without cause)
It also leads to hard feelings if it was a recommended thing to do and comes up dry.

There is no such thing as a dig here mark. Period.
Thank you Thom, That can not be said enough times. The symbol that was most useful to me was the symbol G = God or the Bible, Compass = degrees, and the square = angle. Everything they did, involved those three things

trailseeker4

Mar 21, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pin Pointer Pro
Everyone,
I know that it definately applies to the kings portion, howeaver did they always follow the rules regarding there own personal cache??? just asking..

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Happy New Year guys. (to borrow a line)
"I hope you find the treasures that you seek."

I read about guys that see signs that tell them to "dig here" quite a bit lately.
Once on this topic and a couple others here on TN as well. other sites also.

Believe me you won't find signs within a hundred feet of a cache if it is Spanish or KGC.
These guys didn't give anything away. If you have a "Dig here" mark, It isn't Spanish.

After the 1st of the year I will explain some of the ways the Spanish marked caches and gave directions to them.
Meanwhile guys...
if you are feeling inclined to dig a hole please don't do it under a sign.
Get a two box and see if it is worth it. the cost of the detector will save your back so much in the long run, it will be worth the money.

Galen

Greenie
Jan 1, 2011
Finally managed to finish reading this entire thread. Took a several turns, I can tell you that. ;D

Anyway, very interesting stuff. A good read.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Galen,
Welcome to the forum,
If you read the whole thing you have a leg up on this stuff others who haven't don't have.
Look forward to seeing some of your pictures and hearing some of your input.

To everyone:
I hope your New Year is a happy and most prosperous one.

HOOSIERau

Jan 5, 2011
IN
Hello Everyone !

I, also have just finished reading through all the posts here on this thread and am FASCINATED !
What a great job you all have done to enlighten some of us newbies on this subject. I felt compelled to
join the masses and contribute when I can. Not many treasures to be found in Indiana, however.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 11_13_12 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 11_13_12 PM.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 926

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread