OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Merry Christmas guys !

Please note that that circle with a small circle indicates the area only and not the target.
you will find more signs when you reach that point but that point will be the omega area,
and you will be within reach of the goal!

okey dokey

Mar 23, 2009
Muskogee
Javaone,
Looking back over the post I wondered if there may be a "S" and a "7" on this rock?
That would be go south 7 places.

okey dokey

Attachments

• IMG_0582 (2).jpg
    IMG_0582 (2).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,801

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
I found this 8 foot granite heart...would love some input. It's pretty awe inspiring.

Attachments

• heartrocksmer.jpg
    heartrocksmer.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,747
  • heartrocksmer.jpg
    heartrocksmer.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,796

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heartquest said:
I found this 8 foot granite heart...would love some input. It's pretty awe inspiring.

I took the liberty of enlarging your photo.
heartrocksmer.jpg

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
when you find a good carved heart such as this,
The way to figure out where it points is to treat the lobes as if they are a bow.
picture the point of the heart as the drawn string.
Place an imaginary arrow in the set up and follow the arrow's flight.

Was there anything above this?

Attachments

• heartrocksmer.jpg
    heartrocksmer.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,369

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Very interesting pic heartquest and what an awesome heart. If it were me, I would be looking for the trail up that waterfall on your left as you look at the pic.

To me there are faces, figures and lines on the heart and above the heart that would make me think I might want to go up and to the left a short or long distance.

To me the strong diagonal lines on the heart would be first indicator. Now..I am no expert. Remember that.

This is not to negate what OD said but in addition to it.

How exciting :)) Enjoy the journey!

oh...ps... I wonder if you will find a rock triangle around..rocks placed in a triangle.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Like this one...
Neat triangle. Hearts are cool also. Especially when triangles follow. Heartquest, very nice heart. Just follow it the way OD showed. The only other thing I see of interest, at the moment, will be the hashes on the right side. If those were man-made, they could give the distance to another sign.

PS. They might also indicate to look to the left when following ;)

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I wish everyone a most Merry Christmas!
Hope the true treasure of this special season is gifted to you in large measure.

I won't be back until the 27th, Monday later in the day.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
heartquest,
here is my rendition of what is hidden in the marker...
heartrocksmer marker.jpg

I agree with OD for the most part..defiantly the heart is pointing
both to the "L" and up higher-perhaps Roman Numeral for 50 -
go 50 units of measure along this line, varas, yards, chains, cordells ect
I would take a compass bearing on the arrow, just to see what it says..
it might be 50 degrees..

hope this helps in your adventure
rangler

"wherever your heart is therefore is your treasure" M12

RICKXXX

May 7, 2009
here's a satelite shot from overhead. found this while researching a story from native Americans of ships coming up the rivers.
some of the symbols are clearly visible. what gets me is the overall view,it looks like a saint holding the staff of knowledge. have a look and see what you can find.there are quite a few symbols here. and notice the bank of the river on the bend, it's against the laws of nature for the bank to erode perfectly strait on a bend.not to mention what appears to be a Rams head at the port.
I'm going soon to have an up close look at this one. Good Hunting everyone

Attachments

• symbols of alexandria cropped.jpg
    symbols of alexandria cropped.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,339
  • ancient port,  rams head cropped.jpg
    ancient port, rams head cropped.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,355
  • cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,250
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Merry Christmas Rick and welcome to Treasure net.
I agree the mound system looks very man made.
What part of the country is this generally speaking?
In the midwest The mound builders had huge systems that were above the floodplane that they occupied.
They were responsible for most of the mound systems that are found in and around the major rivers.

Most of these peoples disappeared with the early influx of the white man, because they were most susceptible to the disease that came with him, when the survivors were very few either died out or were blended into other tribes.

Hope this makes sense.

RICKXXX

May 7, 2009
I found the mound after studying a journal that was taken from the body of a slain spainiard by one of my native ancesters and passed down through several generations.I was the only one interested enough to translate it, and this is where it led me to. it didn't say what was here or why they came. Havana records state the fleet was caught carrying gold contraband. as authorities were summoned the fleet cut away from the port and went to full canvas out of the harbour. also states they were drawing too heavy to make ocean passage. The journal states they were chased up river by french warships. but being too heavy for safe passage back to Spain,I think they planned to travel up river pursued or not. whatever it is,it was already known of at the time the fleet came up river.
not sure if the cargo is there or not, but in a few weeks we'll go have a look and see what we can see..
we also find a few interesting markers along the rivers close to home. not to mention the steamboats that went down in the rivers carrying payrolls. a few pics from a Christmas eve outing, and a couple coins found along the banks of the ohio back in sept. the inscription on the rock didn't show very well in the pics,but we'll be back there tommorrow to get a bit more detail..
Good river hunting and Happy Holidays..

Attachments

• inscription.jpg
    inscription.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,199
  • the boot.jpg
    the boot.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,186
  • heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,198
  • shipwreck silver.jpg