Recent bugs on the site fixed... will update this thread as things are added/fixed

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, as usual we have been making changes to improve the site. Here's a list of some of the changes (not all, as there are too many to list)

1. The upload window (when using manage attachments) is now sized properly and shouldn't scroll.
  2. The banner finds now have the "alt" tag set so if you mouse over them you will see the title of the banner find.
  3. The smilies have been re-arranged (as requested) and more have been added to the default selection areas.
  4. The yearly totals/running totals for users have been re-imported.
  5. Lower Navigation unit under quick reply in threads added.
  6. Banner Finds are now on Member Profile Pages as well.
  7. Metal Prices added to Quick Links & Welcome Post on Homepage
  8. For Sale/Wanted/For Trade/Sold/Complete Prefixes in Classifieds section
  9. "Solved" thread status for the "What is it?" Forum Added

We are working on even more stuff... again too much to list but the following are some of the bigger issues:

1. IE 7 and 8 are slow on the site
  2. Working on the additional skin with customizations as requested by the membership

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, as usual we have been making changes to improve the site. Here's a list of some of the changes (not all, as there are too many to list)

1. The upload window (when using manage attachments) is now sized properly and shouldn't scroll.
  2. The banner finds now have the "alt" tag set so if you mouse over them you will see the title of the banner find.
  3. The smilies have been re-arranged (as requested) and more have been added to the default selection areas.
  4. The yearly totals/running totals for users have been re-imported.
  5. Lower Navigation unit under quick reply in threads added.
  6. Banner Finds are now on Member Profile Pages as well.
  7. Metal Prices added to Quick Links & Welcome Post on Homepage
  8. For Sale/Wanted/For Trade/Sold/Complete Prefixes in Classifieds section
  9. "Solved" thread status for the "What is it?" Forum Added

We are working on even more stuff... again too much to list but the following are some of the bigger issues:

1. IE 7 and 8 are slow on the site
  2. Working on the additional skin with customizations as requested by the membership
I've got to admit you've guy's have came along way since that dreaded day you changed the format.:icon_thumright: I felt like a lost puppy,and did not care for it at all.And even though we never see each other in real life most of the time, it seemed that the thought of no comunication with the ones we've grown to know through the forums was slipping away.You've guy's have taken some serious heat but have seemed to handle it well & held true to your words to listen & make the forum in the new lay out as best you can to the members needs.That now gets :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: from me.Rock on...........& continue to make it the site to be on.:headbang:
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More to come, the new skin is almost finished and they should release it soon, the skin will be more along the line of the old TN, you will pick which skin to use with a single option click on the front page and can switched back and forth with a single click........They are just trying to make sure there are no bugs in it....Mods are checking it now...

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, more to come... OK here's a big update as well

1. You can now go to Previous Thread or Next Thread at the top of a page (showthread page) like on the old site. It's under the Thread Title new the top "Reply to Thread" button just under the thread title.
  2. Your Banner Finds are now listed on your Profile Page on their own Tab.
  3. Your Bookmarks have been imported and are now on their own tab on your Profile Page. They are NOT PUBLIC and are ONLY AVAILABLE to be viewed by yourself. We will make this an option in the future that you can control.
  4. The new "Optional" skin is now available for you to choose. It's blue/white and contains some of the thread marking that you may be used to (ie, read threads are grey, unread threads are bolded purple)

If you want to change to the new optional skin you can do so in a few different ways. At the bottom of the page where it has the Copyright Notice, above that you will see a selector menu. On this menu you can choose between the available skins.

Or, you can go to Settings up top, then General Settings. Set Forum Skin to "Treasurenet Option" -- you can switch back to the "Default" skin at any time. (Here's a direct link to that page)

You can also click here to switch between skins:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=8 (This is the new Optional / Blue Skin)
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=2 (This is the Default / Pro Skin)

Hope this helps!

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there a way to update the forum folders to indicate what threads we have posted in, i dont check e-mail all the time and like the quick visual either arrow or whatever to say i participated in it so i can read updates.

thanks. love the new look btw :D

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there a way to update the forum folders to indicate what threads we have posted in, i dont check e-mail all the time and like the quick visual either arrow or whatever to say i participated in it so i can read updates.

thanks. love the new look btw :D

There are two ways.

1. The folder icons in the left hand column have a little dot if you've participated in the threads.

For example, this icon is a hot thread I've posted in, and has unread posts...

thread_dot_hot-30-right.png

This is a hot thread that I have not participated in, but has a new post...

thread_hot-30.png

2. If you subscribe to the threads you participate in, there will also be
subscribed.png
<--- THIS icon kinda off to the right, showing that you are subscribed to the thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread