Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "The Gold House Trilogy" Victorio Peak Book# 1

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1168 times

Re: "The Gold House Trilogy" Victorio Peak Book# 1

Quote Originally Posted by victorio peak
    Greetings Mike,

I'm thrilled Jack sent you a copy for review, he wasn't aware that you and I had conversed on TNET, etc. I thought I would write here to try help clear up a few questions that have popped up. First off, I must congratulate Mr. Sfloto for his one and only download. Pretty ironic that a sceptic like him gets to hack into the website and download the only epub copy, and for $.50... and then brag about it. He has already posted this copyrighted material on multiple bit torrent sites for free downloading as expected. Enough about froto.

Harold Jackson works at Thompson Shore the company that is manufacturing the book. He is the author of the PDF file not the book. Mike, I'd like to address the lack of clarity in the photos within the book. Jack shipped you a "galley print", or "advanced reader copy" of the book(s). These books are printed digitally but the final book will be printed with traditional offset printing. This includes the color cover as well. The final version will contain last minute corrections and reviews before printing. I think you will find the quality and the density of photographs better. I too was disappointed at the color on the cover and was reassured that it would pop on the final printing.

I knew you would "get" this book and appreciate the work that Jack put in it. Perhaps the others that can't tell the difference between research and a "Noss spin" should have someone read it to them, they are missing some important words. I provided Jack with hundreds of hours of video interviews I had taken during the project in the 1990"s when most of the family members were still alive. This along with hundreds of hours of interviews with Terry Delonas the keeper of the family story. Jack's work above and beyond the family archives is staggering. He traveled all over the USA to collect this information. It clearly ends with this and these books.

Book 2 is whole different ball game though. The information contained in that is not public knowledge, it's an expose of sorts. Please check the victoriopeak.com website often for updates. Thanks to all for being patient, well almost all.

-alex
    Obviously you need to keep public interest up on this thing - it's a business promotion, after all. The website and forum presences have been well-executed, albeit the countdown clock does seems a little overdramatic - it's a book, not the end of the Mayan calendar.

The Hembrillo Basin incident was not an isolated event but a piece in a much larger puzzle, IMHO, and I'm hoping for clarification about this and also about Noss' life and associations prior to his 'discovery' in 1937. You have sent copies to your pals to review and now we're hearing feedback, at least a little from Mike. Eventually the book will be released and the public will respond. Not all readers will be your pals, but I for one will be honest, fair and objective - let's hope the book is too. Once it's in the public's hands, it will stand on it's own. By the way, when will that be?
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    1623 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by victorio peak
    Greetings Mike,

I'm thrilled Jack sent you a copy for review, he wasn't aware that you and I had conversed on TNET, etc. I thought I would write here to try help clear up a few questions that have popped up. First off, I must congratulate Mr. Sfloto for his one and only download. Pretty ironic that a sceptic like him gets to hack into the website and download the only epub copy, and for $.50... and then brag about it. He has already posted this copyrighted material on multiple bit torrent sites for free downloading as expected. Enough about froto.

Harold Jackson works at Thompson Shore the company that is manufacturing the book. He is the author of the PDF file not the book. Mike, I'd like to address the lack of clarity in the photos within the book. Jack shipped you a "galley print", or "advanced reader copy" of the book(s). These books are printed digitally but the final book will be printed with traditional offset printing. This includes the color cover as well. The final version will contain last minute corrections and reviews before printing. I think you will find the quality and the density of photographs better. I too was disappointed at the color on the cover and was reassured that it would pop on the final printing.

I knew you would "get" this book and appreciate the work that Jack put in it. Perhaps the others that can't tell the difference between research and a "Noss spin" should have someone read it to them, they are missing some important words. I provided Jack with hundreds of hours of video interviews I had taken during the project in the 1990"s when most of the family members were still alive. This along with hundreds of hours of interviews with Terry Delonas the keeper of the family story. Jack's work above and beyond the family archives is staggering. He traveled all over the USA to collect this information. It clearly ends with this and these books.

Book 2 is whole different ball game though. The information contained in that is not public knowledge, it's an expose of sorts. Please check the victoriopeak.com website often for updates. Thanks to all for being patient, well almost all.

-alex
    Obviously you need to keep public interest up on this thing - it's a business promotion, after all. The website and forum presences have been well-executed, albeit the countdown clock does seems a little overdramatic - it's a book, not the end of the Mayan calendar.

The Hembrillo Basin incident was not an isolated event but a piece in a much larger puzzle, IMHO, and I'm hoping for clarification about this and also about Noss' life and associations prior to his 'discovery' in 1937. You have sent copies to your pals to review and now we're hearing feedback, at least a little from Mike. Eventually the book will be released and the public will respond. Not all readers will be your pals, but I for one will be honest, fair and objective - let's hope the book is too. Once it's in the public's hands, it will stand on it's own. By the way, when will that be?
    Spring,

You couldn't be more correct. The gold under VP was indeed a small part (although large in size) of much larger story. Book 1 goes into much of that story.

Mike
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    1623 times

Hey Alex,

Thanks for popping in and dropping some knowledge. LOL

As I am not on the REAL inside of this whole project, my personal knowledge of everything in the books is limited to what I have been provided with.

I don't know if sfloto was the one responsible for loading this into Bit Torrent sites, but the fact that only one download was performed does make one wonder. He mentioned it in a previous post, and I PM'ed him asking that he remove the reference so as not to make it any easier for thieving dirtbags to steal y'alls years of work. He did as I asked right away. I wasn't even going to say anything, but since you did ..................

I can only warn others to be careful of viruses and trojans that are all over those BT Sites.

Mike
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1168 times

Quote Originally Posted by gollum

Spring,

You couldn't be more correct. The gold under VP was indeed a small part (although large in size) of much larger story. Book 1 goes into much of that story.

Mike
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for - to be able to 'compare notes' with a completely different source. That's why I'm interested in Book 1. The other two books (2 and 3) are irrelevent to my interests, although I may change my mind next year. By the way, didn't you mention that you were going to post a comprehensive review of Book 1 on your website?

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    1623 times

Yes I will. My job is taking up too much of my time to get that part done yet. Funny how real life gets in the way of things you like to do! LOL

Mike
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Feb 2006
    Deep in the Ozark Mountains
    Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
    38 times

I for one look forward to the read...wouldnt have been aware of the book if not for this forum...Thank's, Steve

um
    Dec 2008
    894 times

Looks like another delay.

The "Countdown Clock" hit 00-00-00, but no book is offered.

Better than most I understand the difficulties of book production. The gestation period of this one, however, seems extensive.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo
    Do you have good books in good condition you are never going to re-read? Clean 'em out!
    Operation Paperback collects gently used books and sends them to American troops.

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    1623 times

Bookaroo,

I think that since only one copy of the ebook was downloaded, and Steve Floto talked about downloading it, and shortly after, he mentions that it was available via Bit Torrent Sites, we can only surmise that he was the one that uploaded the book. Either he or someone he gave it to. I count out anyone from the publisher because they have all three books on .pdf file, and a theft from them would have released all the books.

I personally believe that releasing it as an ebook is a big mistake (at least until a good bit of time has passed after the introduction of the hardcover).

I can only assume that Jack is trying to find a way to secure the next two books.

It is very sad that there are thieves and dirtbags with so little respect for years of research and work put in by others that they stoop to garbage like this.

Mike
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1168 times

.....I personally believe that releasing it as an ebook is a big mistake (at least until a good bit of time has passed after the introduction of the hardcover).

I can only assume that Jack is trying to find a way to secure the next two books......
    'Secure' Books 2 and 3? I'm not sure what you mean by 'secure'. Are you speculating that their publication might not happen?

Anyway, since the release of Book 1 hard copy is still presumably somewhere in the foggy future, how about revealing your in-depth review of it, as you indicated earlier? We need to re-bolster our interest in this thing.

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    1623 times

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield
    .....I personally believe that releasing it as an ebook is a big mistake (at least until a good bit of time has passed after the introduction of the hardcover).

I can only assume that Jack is trying to find a way to secure the next two books......
    'Secure' Books 2 and 3? I'm not sure what you mean by 'secure'. Are you speculating that their publication might not happen?

Anyway, since the release of Book 1 hard copy is still presumably somewhere in the foggy future, how about revealing your in-depth review of it, as you indicated earlier? We need to re-bolster our interest in this thing.
    What I meant was trying to find a way to secure the ebook. Not likely though, since there are several programs that can overcome locked .pdf files. I still think the easiest way would have been to release the ebooks at a later date, so that by the time they come out, their internet spread could not really affect book sales. The genie is already out of the bottle for book 1 though.

The in-depth is difficult because I have been spending so much time at the job that pays the bills every month (not the one that occasionally pays off). I got much of it done today, then my LCD Monitor starting kicking off every few minutes. Time to replace. I may be able to finish it tonight or tomorrow morning with my laptop.

The in-depth review does not give out any REAL spoilers though. It just hits on the major things the first book covers as a lead in to book two. I will say this: Book1 covers the timeline from the early 1920s until the late 1950s. Book2 starts where book1 left off, and goes into all the gory detail about everything to do with the thefts from the Peak and those involved.

Did I say that I hate working from a laptop? HAHAHA

Mike
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

um
    Dec 2008
    894 times

Countdown clock back to 25 days for the hardcover. eBook is offered on Lulu - Lulu says it is not yet available.

I recommend the Acer monitors. I've been very happy with mine, and you don't have to purchase a huge one.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo
    Do you have good books in good condition you are never going to re-read? Clean 'em out!
    Operation Paperback collects gently used books and sends them to American troops.

Charter Member
    us
    Swingy Thingy

Nov 2010
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    FisherF75 ,Garret Propointer ,Vivitar HD Cam, Lesche Digger.Only the best of the best Sir!
    761 times

Thanks Guys. Very good info. I am looking forward to the debate that will follow.
    HIGH PERFORMANCE The F75 is a multi-purpose high-performance computerized metal detector. It has the high sensitivity and ground balancing control needed for professional gold prospecting, the discrimination responsiveness needed for serious relic hunting under difficult conditions, and visual target ID considered essential in searching for coins. The F75 operates at 13 kHz for good sensitivity to gold nuggets and jewelry as well as to coins. The F75 comes with an 11-inch elliptical Bi-Axial searchcoil for maximum detection depth in mineralized soils.

Feb 2008
    19 times

Go with the hard back. Not so easy to get lost as an e copy.

As for the map on the back of the book cover.
    I would have wrote it off, except doing research on the original Holden place in 1929, ( Willie D stories): I come across a island close to there. The old surveys of the area show it.
    Hmm just maybe a different reason for a sextant. Interesting.
    Them folks playing around granite peak may be right.

us
    Nov 2010
    Glendale, Ca
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by lostcauses
    Go with the hard back. Not so easy to get lost as an e copy.

As for the map on the back of the book cover.
    I would have wrote it off, except doing research on the original Holden place in 1929, ( Willie D stories): I come across a island close to there. The old surveys of the area show it.
    Hmm just maybe a different reason for a sextant. Interesting.
    Them folks playing around granite peak may be right.

I wish I could read more on the friendship and conversations between Willie D and Doc.

"Oh yeah? Well my cave had 100 tons of gold, how much did yours have?"

The best possible Douthit reply: "you drunk idjut we were both claiming the same cave before you tried to con people to transport gold from other places to bury in the basin"

Feb 2008
    19 times

I am to the point I believe there may have been two W. D. s.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors