"The Gold House Trilogy" Victorio Peak Book# 1

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Re: "The Gold House Trilogy" Victorio Peak Book# 1

Looks like another delay.

The "Countdown Clock" hit 00-00-00, but no book is offered.

Better than most I understand the difficulties of book production. The gestation period of this one, however, seems extensive.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bookaroo,

I think that since only one copy of the ebook was downloaded, and Steve Floto talked about downloading it, and shortly after, he mentions that it was available via Bit Torrent Sites, we can only surmise that he was the one that uploaded the book. Either he or someone he gave it to. I count out anyone from the publisher because they have all three books on .pdf file, and a theft from them would have released all the books.

I personally believe that releasing it as an ebook is a big mistake (at least until a good bit of time has passed after the introduction of the hardcover).

I can only assume that Jack is trying to find a way to secure the next two books.

It is very sad that there are thieves and dirtbags with so little respect for years of research and work put in by others that they stoop to garbage like this.

Mike

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

gollum said:
.....I personally believe that releasing it as an ebook is a big mistake (at least until a good bit of time has passed after the introduction of the hardcover).

I can only assume that Jack is trying to find a way to secure the next two books......

'Secure' Books 2 and 3? I'm not sure what you mean by 'secure'. Are you speculating that their publication might not happen?

Anyway, since the release of Book 1 hard copy is still presumably somewhere in the foggy future, how about revealing your in-depth review of it, as you indicated earlier? We need to re-bolster our interest in this thing.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Springfield said:
gollum said:
.....I personally believe that releasing it as an ebook is a big mistake (at least until a good bit of time has passed after the introduction of the hardcover).

I can only assume that Jack is trying to find a way to secure the next two books......

'Secure' Books 2 and 3? I'm not sure what you mean by 'secure'. Are you speculating that their publication might not happen?

Anyway, since the release of Book 1 hard copy is still presumably somewhere in the foggy future, how about revealing your in-depth review of it, as you indicated earlier? We need to re-bolster our interest in this thing.

What I meant was trying to find a way to secure the ebook. Not likely though, since there are several programs that can overcome locked .pdf files. I still think the easiest way would have been to release the ebooks at a later date, so that by the time they come out, their internet spread could not really affect book sales. The genie is already out of the bottle for book 1 though.

The in-depth is difficult because I have been spending so much time at the job that pays the bills every month (not the one that occasionally pays off). I got much of it done today, then my LCD Monitor starting kicking off every few minutes. Time to replace. I may be able to finish it tonight or tomorrow morning with my laptop.

The in-depth review does not give out any REAL spoilers though. It just hits on the major things the first book covers as a lead in to book two. I will say this: Book1 covers the timeline from the early 1920s until the late 1950s. Book2 starts where book1 left off, and goes into all the gory detail about everything to do with the thefts from the Peak and those involved.

Did I say that I hate working from a laptop? HAHAHA

Mike

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

Countdown clock back to 25 days for the hardcover. eBook is offered on Lulu - Lulu says it is not yet available.

I recommend the Acer monitors. I've been very happy with mine, and you don't have to purchase a huge one.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Guys. Very good info. I am looking forward to the debate that will follow.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008

Go with the hard back. Not so easy to get lost as an e copy.

As for the map on the back of the book cover.
I would have wrote it off, except doing research on the original Holden place in 1929, ( Willie D stories): I come across a island close to there. The old surveys of the area show it.
Hmm just maybe a different reason for a sextant. Interesting.
Them folks playing around granite peak may be right.

jackrook

Nov 1, 2010
Glendale, Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lostcauses said:
Go with the hard back. Not so easy to get lost as an e copy.

As for the map on the back of the book cover.
I would have wrote it off, except doing research on the original Holden place in 1929, ( Willie D stories): I come across a island close to there. The old surveys of the area show it.
Hmm just maybe a different reason for a sextant. Interesting.
Them folks playing around granite peak may be right.

I wish I could read more on the friendship and conversations between Willie D and Doc.

"Oh yeah???? Well my cave had 100 tons of gold, how much did yours have?"

The best possible Douthit reply: "you drunk idjut we were both claiming the same cave before you tried to con people to transport gold from other places to bury in the basin"

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008

I am to the point I believe there may have been two W. D. s.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008

I did check and the damn E book is out there in freebei land. Damn what a way to screw all this up. They should have waited for the e book. I hope the publisher and writer learn from this. Who ever did it is a jerk.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Granite Peak, Im not familiar with the names of the local area. How would I find that on a map. I wish to see if its one of the areas I scoped out. Thanks.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008

Casca said:
Granite Peak, Im not familiar with the names of the local area. How would I find that on a map. I wish to see if its one of the areas I scoped out. Thanks.

Township 15 south, range 4west section 4 on the Caballo Quadrangle NM map.

Same area has the Drolte hole and Tresoro Del Alma.

There is an arch locally called window rock in the area at T15S, R4W, Sec 34. Map needed for this one is Apache Gap Quadrangle.
Could be the marking with two lines through it. It is a local land mark.

lost of speculation on all the multiple maps that have existed through the years.

Yet the area around Granite peak is with in walking distance from were the original WD starting point was supposedly.
A great many people believe the area to be were the gold still is, as well as were some of it was removed by both Doc, and WD. rumors of others through the years having removed gold from this area abound.
Some of this area is private owned.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

treasminder2 said:
Alright
this is Treasure Minder
Roger Snow as some of you know me by....

What Rog says is true - he will willingly take you by the hand and lead you to whatever you want to see. And, guess what? When you get there, there is something to see. Thanks Rog.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

Another promised "Release Date" appears to have come and gone. I went to Lulu via the link and it states the book is not yet available.

To be continued. I guess...

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

Old Bookaroo said:
Another promised "Release Date" appears to have come and gone. I went to Lulu via the link and it states the book is not yet available.

To be continued. I guess...

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

This is turning from 'Hurry, hurry' to 'Ho hum'. Last minute editing, or 'publication delays'? I wonder about the 'pre-release reviews' too. Say, Mike - had time yet for yours?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

Lulu provides print-on-demand books, and this title is available as an eBook.

Why, then, can't Lulu print one?

I'll confess - I don't understand.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry folks, been gone for a bit.

I PROMISE to get the review up before this weekend. I am kind of PO'd because my getting away means no LDM Rendezvous this year.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread