"Virginia"; DYK...?

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have my penny, knew it meant something and was significant, he just never really explained it. I sealed it in a Plastic coin holder to protect it and have it locked away with my 1800's silver and copper coins. I even believe that there were books and or documents that pertained to the Masons (loved to sit at his desk and look at the pics and books) but I am guessing that my uncle or father got those. My brother and myself split all of his medical books, he was a doctor. Went to LSU and even taught there. Wondering if there some secrets in the family that I did not find out abut that passed with my grandfather and uncle. My father and I are not close and have not spoken in about 8 years. Guess I may have to break the silence before he passes just to find out as I am not sure about my Half-brothers, not seen or heard from any of them since '94. Not a tight knit family.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THEN! Check out Mt. Solon (Solomon) area in Augusta County on Rt. 11; VERY old town (GHOST TOWN!). If you know where Natural Chimneys is... THERE YOU ARE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Mt. Solon, Va. is in the LOST COMMUNITIES OF VIRGINIA book; nice community that became a town, which meant a NAME for the place. The US Gov't had to have a Post Office there; the guy who gave Mt. Solon "the name" said SOLON came from the Greek guy, who told Plato about ATLANTIS. Hmm... Will do R & I on SOLON.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to be a while before I can get out. I know the area you are talking about as we used to prowl it and through Briery Branch too when was teen and twenty's. Found a lot of antiques to buy and resell in that area. But for now out of action, wife in hospital with pneumonia. She looks to be in for a while and I had been sick and just got better with good weather in. Now I am looking out second floor window and wishing she was better and I was outside. Not yet.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
BEST of Luck & Prayers to ya BOTH; get "rested up"; I had Walking Bronchitis @ a week, ago... STILL "popping" POWERFUL pills... CRAP! Dang weather is NUTS! COLD in the morning/at night... NICE & WARM during the day. WHAT'S up...? Flowers/herbs & SOME creeks/rivers, if ya get Rain... TOO dry "down here" in "the Burg" (Lynchburg, Va.).

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Greatly appreciated! Watch that Bronchitis crap, that can work its' way into worse things too! Ready for nice even Spring weather. Trying to remember when the seasons stopped being so defined and not really knowing which one you're in. Metal Detecting season, all of them any more! Might be dry there now but be careful what you wish for, hate to have that 5 days of rain straight and then everything swamps up and floods or forever to dry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread