Won't turn on.. any ideas?

Bootylover

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In search of help..... Please....
Ok so I have a whites beach Hunter 300 only used it once and worked great.. haven't used it in a week so today I figured I swing it around my back yard. I turned it on and the thing goes crazy screaming and flickering through all the ranges quickly. (red-iron, yellow- rings, green- coins) so I figured I might be getting some kinda interference. So I moved to front yard and still the same. So I thought to change the batteries. After doing so now the thing won't turn on at all now.. so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thank you

Sent from my Z833 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from Tech Talk over to Sub-Forums: Metal Detecting > Brands > White's for more exposure :..​

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The very first place I would look is your battery placement (polarity), or just maybe you used some bad batteries.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you take it in the water when you hunted last week?

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reaction of the metal detector when it was first turned it on seems to indicate a short circuit. In addition the fact that there is no power now might confirm that the circuit burned out. I think it might be time to send it to White's Electronic in Sweet Home, OR. They have the ability to repair any of their detectors and usually are very fair priced. Tt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread