• July 027.jpg
    July 027.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 334

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
Stories

Here is a story I heard :read2:

It was from a friend of my brother's friend - in other words, no better than a rumor :dontknow:

The original source is supposedly one of the backhoe operators who dug the trenches.....

It goes like this:

The construction workers all know about BIMAL Hawaiian sodes - as in how much they are worth ::)

They collected all of the ones that they saw during the digging of the trenches :hello2:

They supposedly had over 1000 gathered up at one point :tongue3:

Their plan was to divide them up equally among themselves :sign13:

Then the boss man came and took them all >:(

After that they smashed every single bottle they found so the boss man wouldn't get it :'(

It's a small island, so maybe some of you guys have heard stories too?

Share em if you got em! :laughing7:

OP
OP
808kaz

808kaz

Nov 22, 2009
OAHU, HAWAII
Re: Stories

sodetraveler said:
Here is a story I heard :read2:

It was from a friend of my brother's friend - in other words, no better than a rumor :dontknow:

The original source is supposedly one of the backhoe operators who dug the trenches.....

It goes like this:

The construction workers all know about BIMAL Hawaiian sodes - as in how much they are worth ::)

They collected all of the ones that they saw during the digging of the trenches :hello2:

They supposedly had over 1000 gathered up at one point :tongue3:

Their plan was to divide them up equally among themselves :sign13:

Then the boss man came and took them all >:(

After that they smashed every single bottle they found so the boss man wouldn't get it :'(

It's a small island, so maybe some of you guys have heard stories too?

Share em if you got em! :laughing7:

Sodetraveler, I kinda heard that story, when they first dug the trenches the boss from the mainland took all the bottles, some of the construction workers who when score some bottles was sell'um by the 5 gallon buckets to Antique Alley, I seen the bottles they sold, black and oily so I knew where they came from...aloha Earl.

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
Re: Stories

808kaz said:
Sodetraveler, I kinda heard that story, when they first dug the trenches the boss from the mainland took all the bottles, some of the construction workers who when score some bottles was sell'um by the 5 gallon buckets to Antique Alley, I seen the bottles they sold, black and oily so I knew where they came from...aloha Earl.

It's good to hear that some of the workers scored :icon_thumleft:

Now that's a job I would love to have :headbang:

BTW - just purchased the tickets for my next bottlin trip ;D

I'll email you my itinerary - maybe we can do some digging together :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions