07-25-2009 Record Day 7 Silver, 15 Wheaties and Sterling Ring

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
First off, I've been working 60 hour weeks at work... so busy. I can barely keep up with reading everyone's posts. Basically my Dad is relaying all of your great finds and I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.

Well after a long spell of no full days of hunting, my Dad and I hooked up with DP Bob, Kimsdad, Etrac007, Skinny Puppy, Gibbsium, and Olderactor today for some turf hunting.

I started off the day with a fairly deep '23 wheatie, and that got me pumped. Before long the silver started flowing... my Dad was the first to get silver, and I quickly followed with a Merc. Before long I had accumulated a few more wheaties and another merc and the silver ring, but it was 11am and I was going to have to leave for home at noon if we didn't start finding some more goodies. I decided to jump ship and locate a new hot spot. Etrac007 and Olderactor were ready for new digs as well and we traveled together to the new spot. It was as if my coil was magnetically attracting silver because I nabbed a barber dime almost immediately at the new spot. Then after I could get back to detecting, and amongst the new detecting company... basically everyone now :) I scored another Merc. Everyone was "pumped" and silver started popping out for multiple people. Before noon I had 4 silver and a ring, and I was calling the wife for an extension! In the next hour I got some more wheaties, two in one hole even, and yet another merc. The next extension was granted and it was a detecting frenzy til 4pm. The wheaties kept coming and coming, and eventually I got moved on to a new spot. Randomly, and mysteriously, as I was cutting across between areas, and I got a 01-34 tone that I thought might be an indian head penny... nope! It turned out to be a two silver pocket spill, the silver war nickel and a merc! Now I was on cloud nine as this was a record day for me.

This is my first 7 silver day! The 15 wheaties is more than I've found in a day before as well. Oh yeah, and my first ring for the year... bah!

Big thanks to DB Bob and Kimsdad for having us out! Hopefully we made the hunt more "exciting" for everyone :) I hope that's the right word :D I know I had a great time hunting with everyone, and finding a few good ones along the way never hurts.

Totals:
1 - 1910 Barber Dime
1 - 1942-S Silver War Nickel
2 - 1943 Mercury Dimes
1 - 1940-S Mercury Dime (Just about AU quality, with a cool lightning bolt defect in the head-wing)
1 - 1944 Mercury Dime
1 - 1945 Mercury Dime
15 - Wheaties - '13, '15, '17, '18, '18, '19s, '20, '23, '41d, '41d, '41, '51, '57, etc.. :)

07252009_1.jpg

07252009_2.jpg

07252009_3.jpg

07252009_4.jpg

07252009_5.jpg

07252009_6.jpg

07252009_7.jpg

Next Hunt your on a TIME OUT ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm glad the trip was worth it for you and your dad....

You got all the silver and I think I got all the clad.....

Great hunt...

Congrats........

Awesome job bud - I'm freakin out here!!!!!! ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Congrats on your new found magnetism abilities!!!!! :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

Awesome job! That 40-s is in beautiful shape and an s to boot. Congrats on 7 silvers.

I'm sure glad I was there to see your record day Brett :thumbsup: Better than watching your
kid throw a game winning touchdown pass! :hello2: That '40 Merc is Great!
Wonder if its a die defect?
Cool ring too!!!

Way to go Brett! 7 silvers in one day and a sterling silver ring to boot? Wow, what a day. Congrats!

Where's my frickin' war nickel?.... Oh there it is - you got it! :-\ ;D

Did it come up as a nickel, or higher than one?

Congrats on an outstanding hunt, Brett!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

You and Pat really cleaned up out there! I never would have believed that all that stuff was still in the ground out there if I didn't see it with my own eyes! :o

It was good to see you again, and I'm glad the trip was worthwhile! Thanks for lunch! :wink:

really TOTALLY AWESOME COINS YOU FOUND TODAY! WTG!

Kimsdad said:
Where's my frickin' war nickel?.... Oh there it is - you got it! :-\ ;D

Did it come up as a nickel, or higher than one?

Congrats on an outstanding hunt, Brett!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

You and Pat really cleaned up out there! I never would have believed that all that stuff was still in the ground out there if I didn't see it with my own eyes! :o

It was good to see you again, and I'm glad the trip was worthwhile! Thanks for lunch! :wink:

Heh, yeah I was surprised no one had found a silver nickel sooner in the day. Unfortunately I never heard ANY good nickel tones today... I bet they were all masked and shifted slightly higher or lower and just fooled me. This one was in the hole with a merc, touching, so the etrac said 01-34 and I dug.

You're very welcome!

Killer hunt Brett! The dirt gods were smiling at you today. Great selection of silver and wheaties!

I made the comment out the " It was like a bunch of Vultures" Gotta laugh about it.... Brett finds some coins swoops in and pulls them out and the all kinds of Md'ers surround him.. He walks out of the circle and repeats it.... ;D ;D ;D

You are the envy of the group!! I guess I Know never to hunt near you since you don't miss anything!! Congratulations on a great day.
Thanks for the help

:icon_thumright: Congrats on a Great hunting day Brett........Those silver look in wonderful condition.......You know you are hunting in the right spot for ole silver when more than half your wheaties are between 1913 and 1923.......... :icon_thumleft:

Wow, what a day! Most silver I ever found in a day is six so you've got me beat. Sounded like fun, sorry I couldn't make it out. My excuse is on another post, can't remember which one...anyway, I'm looking forward to hunting with you sometime soon!

Joe

Congrats on a great hunt Brett. I wish I was out there with you guys swinging the coil. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back