Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went out with 3cylbill again today for a long proper hunt. We were out swinging for almost a full 8 hrs. If you saw my thread last week, I was just coming off a career best hunt. Somehow I just managed to top that. THIS WAS A DREAM HUNT! I started off the day by turning on my machine and kicking some dead weeds aside, and literally my first swing I hit a half dime. From then on I wandered through the area pulling coin, after coin, after coin. A silver here, a few indians there, with the occasional nickel stumbling through. I entirely lost count during the hunt of how much silver I found, let alone the indians. Truly my best hunt of all time, I am still in awe of how I managed so many small silvers. I was banging out half dimes at 8 inches, it was just crazy. So this hunt yielded TWO MORE Bucket listers, a trime and a seated quarter. The totals for the day were 24 indians, 12 silvers, 3 shield nicks, 1 v nick, two junk rings(even though one is marked 24k haha), and a random token. So excited, straight drunk on silver.
20180422_202733_resized.jpg 20180422_202727_resized.jpg 20180422_202806_resized.jpg 20180422_202820_resized.jpg

Upvote 80

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THAT..is a Target Rich Environment. 😱 Fantastic job!!! 🙌

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa!... So that is what Heaven is like.

It was beautiful basking in the light of the silvery glow. I'll now be retreating back into the dark iron ridden cellar holes for the rest of the summer.

Nice hunt keep up the good work!
Thanks, and I'll try

OMG! Well sir, you knocked it out of the park today!!! Congrats!!:occasion14:
Thanks!

Six seated and a trime? Are you kidding? Epic!!!!
Thanks, still surprised myself.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was from ONE DAY?!?!? Are you pulling our legs? This is incredible. Nicely done!!!

No leg pulling here! I take honesty very seriously. In cases like this though, it does help I had a witness:tongue3:

THAT..is a Target Rich Environment. �� Fantastic job!!! ��

Yes it may have spoiled the rest of my summer as I will be back to cellar holes soon.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i had a pretty good daywith 10 indians and a seated and a barber in the same hole and a barber dime but T could do NO wrong and that MX sport was KILLER ..T was finding coins at 10 to 12" all day long. my tejon couldn't keep up with the sport......no way , like he said the first half ddime on the first swing and they just kept coming...this site will be overgrown in a week or two only good for dreaming until next winter . I think I'm going to need a nox or a kruzer to TRY and keep up..I have hunted with alot of guys in fourty years and TP is on of the best i have ever hunted with hands down and a real pleasure to hunt with he is definatly a killer coin shooter...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had a pretty good daywith 10 indians and a seated and a barber in the same hole and a barber dime but T could do NO wrong and that MX sport was KILLER ..T was finding coins at 10 to 12" all day long. my tejon couldn't keep up with the sport......no way , like he said the first half ddime on the first swing and they just kept coming...this site will be overgrown in a week or two only good for dreaming until next winter . I think I'm going to need a nox or a kruzer to TRY and keep up..I have hunted with alot of guys in fourty years and TP is on of the best i have ever hunted with hands down and a real pleasure to hunt with he is definatly a killer coin shooter...

Sheesh with all those coins you would think you guys were on a spot where people just tossed coins for the heck of it.

Which begs the questions...

So... history of site ? any ?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time each and every one of us turns our machine on and head out this is the type of hunt we imagine. You guys absolutely crushed it out there congrats

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ive been thinking of dropping something heavy on my left hand tomorrow at work, then digging all week before the place grows in and becomes unhuntable until next spring. You only need one arm to detect right?

What a great day of detecting you had, something out of the early 70/80's for recoveries.

After having 18 surgeries on my hands the answer is yes you need one to detect and dig, great therapy.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Absolutely a killer hunt, congratulations! :notworthy:

I think you are running a high fever...please take the day off and detect! "Trust me, I'm a Doctor!" :icon_thumleft:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :occasion14:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,you and cyibill have now become the best detectorists in Western NY and perhaps the whole world in a single land hunt site with 53 old coins and all of that other stuff.CONGRATULATIONS.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 hours of work for some great finds. Well worth it. Congrats!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unreal ! To find that many old coins in one hunt, probably could not be matched by to many people. (unless they found a cache). Congrats on your finds.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible..... look at those greenies!...and ooohhh....old silver....wow.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This has got to be one of the single greatest single day array of finds i have seen on here thus far. Congratulations on an absolutely epic hunt!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freakin Fantastic!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread