Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went out with 3cylbill again today for a long proper hunt. We were out swinging for almost a full 8 hrs. If you saw my thread last week, I was just coming off a career best hunt. Somehow I just managed to top that. THIS WAS A DREAM HUNT! I started off the day by turning on my machine and kicking some dead weeds aside, and literally my first swing I hit a half dime. From then on I wandered through the area pulling coin, after coin, after coin. A silver here, a few indians there, with the occasional nickel stumbling through. I entirely lost count during the hunt of how much silver I found, let alone the indians. Truly my best hunt of all time, I am still in awe of how I managed so many small silvers. I was banging out half dimes at 8 inches, it was just crazy. So this hunt yielded TWO MORE Bucket listers, a trime and a seated quarter. The totals for the day were 24 indians, 12 silvers, 3 shield nicks, 1 v nick, two junk rings(even though one is marked 24k haha), and a random token. So excited, straight drunk on silver.
20180422_202733_resized.jpg 20180422_202727_resized.jpg 20180422_202806_resized.jpg 20180422_202820_resized.jpg

Upvote 80
OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had a pretty good daywith 10 indians and a seated and a barber in the same hole and a barber dime but T could do NO wrong and that MX sport was KILLER ..T was finding coins at 10 to 12" all day long. my tejon couldn't keep up with the sport......no way , like he said the first half ddime on the first swing and they just kept coming...this site will be overgrown in a week or two only good for dreaming until next winter . I think I'm going to need a nox or a kruzer to TRY and keep up..I have hunted with alot of guys in fourty years and TP is on of the best i have ever hunted with hands down and a real pleasure to hunt with he is definatly a killer coin shooter...

Was a great time Bill. I'm blessed to have an hunting partner like you with all the knowledge you have acquired over the years. Heres to many more hunts in the future.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's a great hunt there! Might be the most colorful group of coins I've seen. Looky that patina:icon_thumleft: Well done!

Thanks, I can't wait to go through them all and check the years.

Sheesh with all those coins you would think you guys were on a spot where people just tossed coins for the heck of it.

Which begs the questions...

So... history of site ? any ?

Sure seems like people were just throwing coins around.

Every time each and every one of us turns our machine on and head out this is the type of hunt we imagine. You guys absolutely crushed it out there congrats

You are a machine! Thanks for the post!
Thanks for checking it out!

What a great day of detecting you had, something out of the early 70/80's for recoveries.

After having 18 surgeries on my hands the answer is yes you need one to detect and dig, great therapy.

Yeah I didn't think places like this still existed, Bill keeps assuring me they did. I should never have doubted him.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what... this is banner.

By sure volume. heh

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :occasion14:
Thanks!

Wow,you and cyibill have now become the best detectorists in Western NY and perhaps the whole world in a single land hunt site with 53 old coins and all of that other stuff.CONGRATULATIONS.

Thanks but I'm certainly not the best. Just got lucky in the right spot!

Absolutely a killer hunt, congratulations! :notworthy:

I think you are running a high fever...please take the day off and detect! "Trust me, I'm a Doctor!" :icon_thumleft:

Man if I only could take off, Makes me wanna quit my job and just go hobo status living on this site.

8 hours of work for some great finds. Well worth it. Congrats!
Thanks!

Unreal ! To find that many old coins in one hunt, probably could not be matched by to many people. (unless they found a cache). Congrats on your finds.

Blew my mind, All mine were separate holes.

Epic!!!! Congrats!

Thanks!

Talk about your epic hunts.....Well done!
Thanks!

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible..... look at those greenies!...and ooohhh....old silver....wow.

Thanks for checking it out!

This has got to be one of the single greatest single day array of finds i have seen on here thus far. Congratulations on an absolutely epic hunt!

Thanks, I dunno if I can ever top this.

Freakin Fantastic!!!
Thanks!

Truly epic hunt
Thanks!

Agreed! Right Place-Right Time-Right On:occasion14:
The stars planets and their moons all aligned on this one.

You know what... this is banner.

By sure volume. heh

I dunno about that, nothing terribly historic here. But I really appreciate the enthusiasm!

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I would kill for a site like that. That is a dream hunt!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I dunno about that, nothing terribly historic here. But I really appreciate the enthusiasm! "

Um... "by volume" means by "amount of".

Not historically.

Tis you that should be enthusiastic by the way... TO GO BACK. heh

:)

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I dunno about that, nothing terribly historic here. But I really appreciate the enthusiasm! "

Um... "by volume" means by "amount of".

Not historically.

Tis you that should be enthusiastic by the way... TO GO BACK. heh

:)

oh I understood the volume part. I just was under the impression banner items should be of historical value, or have a really good write up with good photos. Not slapped on a paper towel with the drivel I wrote haha. I CANT WAIT TO GET BACK!

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh I understood the volume part. I just was under the impression banner items should be of historical value, or have a really good write up with good photos. Not slapped on a paper towel with the drivel I wrote haha. I CANT WAIT TO GET BACK!

Not necessarily... items qualify for a banner IN MY book... through "uniqueness" as well... not just "age".

And have been elected a banner for such if I can recall correctly here.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... with this said...

I say your "haul" was a definite banner as far as detecting is concerned these days.

And if nothing else... a banner day for sure.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not necessarily... items qualify for a banner IN MY book... through "uniqueness" as well... not just "age".

And have been elected a banner for such if I can recall correctly here.

Got ya. It would be fun to start a "treasurenet world records" category. Like most rings found in a hunt, most silvers found in hunt, most indians found in a hunt and so on. It could actually develop into something pretty detailed. I'm curious who is in the running for most indians with me. Someone has to have found more in one day in the early days of detecting.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got ya. It would be fun to start a "treasurenet world records" category. Like most rings found in a hunt, most silvers found in hunt, most indians found in a hunt and so on. It could actually develop into something pretty detailed. I'm curious who is in the running for most indians with me. Someone has to have found more in one day in the early days of detecting.

Awww man... if I could tell you the stories I heard growing up from mentors... you would never believe half of it.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awww man... if I could tell you the stories I heard growing up from mentors... you would never believe half of it.

Bill is always telling me stories of crazy stuff from back in the haydays. Blows my mind what people used to pull up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread