toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After months of asking, my teller finally became convinced I was serious about buying boxes of halves. First time around, she ordered 2 boxes. I go to pick them up already very excited. When she pulls the first box onto the counter and opens it, I see a walker right there in the window. I thought, "OMG this is going to be an epic box!" After searching both boxes: 1939 Walker and 1964. Both were enders, both were in 1 box. 2000 halves searched, 2 silvers. Wasn't the dream box I thought had fallen in my lap, but I am still very pleased. Tomorrow I go for round 2 with 4 boxes. I just started hunting halves after about 8 months of pennies. I probably have $15 in wheats 1940-58, $1.50 in pre-1940, and about $350 in memorial copper.

Would love to hear from other copper hoarders/wheat collectors. I don't cherrypick, just look for key dates. Have found maybe 3 Indian Heads and $2 in Canadian copper cents.

HH to all! :headbang:

39ob.jpg 39rev.jpg 64ob.jpg 64rev.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find that walker ya have. Any time you can pull a 90%er out is a good box.

Keep on rolling!....or unrolling that is.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I've had a boxes where I get one in my first roll then nothing else, and ones where the only find is from the very last roll. Funny hobby!

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saved that roll for last and the 64 was close to the end as well. Got sadder and sadder as I continued, but I knew I had that 1 at least. Still a fantastic hunt in my book.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saved that roll for last and the 64 was close to the end as well. Got sadder and sadder as I continued, but I knew I had that 1 at least. Still a fantastic hunt in my book.

Friend, any hunt that ends in silver bought at face is a good hunt.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah two enders can be sketchy, one ender as well. I swear I've gotten many better no ender boxes than most my one and two enders. Last week, four boxes, one ender, the only silver I got. My best box ever was seven enders. Now that's when you know you're getting a good box!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread