1 park + 4 hunts = 15 keepers!

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
This has been an amazing week for me. I've hunted this park before a few times and found some good stuff here and there. But this week I started finding stuff and it just kept coming.

Now you guys finding the barbers and seateds and Indians on a regular basis, don't laugh. Finding this much stuff for me, in this part of the country, is very exciting. Getting a couple of wheat's here is a good day.

The totals are........................

Wheat's Silver War Nickel Mercury Dimes 3 silver rings Foreign
1920 1943 s 1937s 1912
1920 1942d
1944d
1948d

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

This must have been a HUGE stone. I even sifted through the dirt some.....didn't find it.

7.JPG

Here is the foreign coin. I think this is really neat. It came out of the ground just like this. It is a 1912 5 Pfenning coin from germany. It says 'DEUTSCHES REICH 1912 PFENNIG" From what I can find about it it was minted in Berlin during WWI. It is copper/nickel alloy. If anybody else knows anything else interesting let me know. I just can't even imagine the things this coin must have seen to get HERE.

8.JPG
9.JPG

I found the Dimes 5 feet from each other. Only the second time I have found 2 in one hunt. I showed the first one to my hunting buddy and then when I got the second signal I called him over before I dug and said "you want to watch me dig another one" while I was have a great time, he hadn't found anything all day. And when he knelt beside me and watched me dig my second merc in less then 2 minutes.........he wasn't very amused at my "cocky" attitude. And I thought I was doing him a favor........he didn't find anything the rest of the day either. :-[ Having rode with him I was starting to get worried that I was going to have to walk home. ;D
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG

more pics to follow.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Texasgopher

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
1 2.JPG

This thing is HUGE and I almost had a heart attack when I dug it. I must just be gold collored though. It's too light, read a bell tone, and well it's silver :'(. But It's one of my favorite rings to date.

2 2.JPG
3 2.JPG

This pretty little silver ring I'm assuming is old. I dug it at a solid 6 inches and was an iffy signal. I really just dug it on depth and was quite surprised when it popped out. As you can see by the pic, my girlfriend has claimed it for her own. Which is fine with me cause it looks good on her!

4 2.JPG
5 2.JPG

Well that's all I have for now. Thanks for looking, may you all have a great weekend and HAPPY HUNTING. :icon_thumright:

TG

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Wow nice assortment there. Killer rings! Congrats :thumbsup: jgas

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy I would be on that park like chocolate on a Sunday. Look like a fantastic place. Love the ring, and all the other finds. Thanks for sharing. HH......... :headbang:

OP
OP
Texasgopher

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Thanks MM

Thanks PTK, one of my favorites so far.

Thanks John. I agree

Thanks River. That is why i hit it four times in one week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread