10,000 Roman Bronze Coins + VERY RARE RICHARD III PENNY...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems quite fitting that in the year I got 10,000 Likes, we also recorded our 10,000th Roman Bronze Coin today. We have a few more but this is since we started proper record keeping.
The morning started on 2 Roman Sites, soon found out we had cleared them pretty good, so moved to a close-by long shot field where we had a random Saxon find. After proving it wasn't a site, we moved to the field I was on yesterday. Now glad we did.:laughing7: Within an hour Cru'Dad got the Very Rare Hammered.:hello2:

5 Scrappies
1 Livery Button
Jetton
What Is It coin, now IDed as a 19th C Greek 2 Lepta;
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/517882-foriegn-copper-coin.html

Another Will III Love Token!
Hammered Farthing
Richard III Penny, York Mint, Archb. Rotherham. Books (2015) at F - £400, VF - £1350. I've pictured it against the books example, which normally uses the best example they can find. Notice the difference. These coins are always poor & heavily clipped, & Cru'Dad's example is the best I can find on the internet, have a look at what some sold for!:headbang:
A fitting prize for our 10,000th Bronze, although we were hoping for a Roman Gold....:laughing7:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Upvote 44

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHAT!!??? I actually had no idea of the true scale of what you've done.
EPIC

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 10000th Bronze! Now it is really time for Roman Gold! My guess is you stumble over a hoard someday. You just need pasture for that.... Good luck!

Killer hammered! What a beauty, a lot better than the reference coin. Congrats to Crudad! :icon_thumright:

Love Token are raining down these days. Robfinds had one today too.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 10000th Bronze! Now it is really time for Roman Gold! My guess is you stumble over a hoard someday. You just need pasture for that.... Good luck!

Killer hammered! What a beauty, a lot better than the reference coin. Congrats to Crudad! :icon_thumright:

Love Token are raining down these days. Robfinds had one today too.

Yeap, the love token was only 25m from my one yesterday. Going to call it heart break corner.

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the many, many finds! Out of couriousity, and you may have addressed this before, but what are you calling scrappies? Thanks and congratulations again.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the many, many finds! Out of couriousity, and you may have addressed this before, but what are you calling scrappies? Thanks and congratulations again.

It's a term we use to describe what most call 'grots'. Roman bronze coins with very little detail.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on such a huge day! 10,000 bronze coins is no small feat, very impressive. I'm curious, how many years has it taken to amass the 10,000 bronze?

Nice to see team Cru pull such a rare hammered, and in such condition!

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a term we use to describe what most call 'grots'. Roman bronze coins with very little detail.

Thanks Crusader! I doubt I will ever be so lucky to find any coins in Kentucky as old as what you find, and would probably quit metal detecting if I did, but I do enjoy seeing you posts and learning from your wealth of knowledge. Congratulations again and hopefully that coin number 10,001 will be GOLDEN!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your 10K... bronze coins and likes.

I can say that I have really enjoyed reading your posts, and most of all, learning about history from your finds. I wish you and you dad the very best of luck moving forward.

THANKS.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a big milestone. Also, that hammered Richard is in great shape and should be worth good coin. Congrats Cru

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on such a huge day! 10,000 bronze coins is no small feat, very impressive. I'm curious, how many years has it taken to amass the 10,000 bronze?

Nice to see team Cru pull such a rare hammered, and in such condition!

About 15 years. Been detecting twice as long but in the early years I was young & clueless, so never homed the skills to find sites etc...

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 10K... bronze coins and likes.

I can say that I have really enjoyed reading your posts, and most of all, learning about history from your finds. I wish you and you dad the very best of luck moving forward.

THANKS.
Thanks, I think you can tell we too enjoy what we do. Tnet has given back as much as I've contributed.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 thousand? !!! My lord, that is incredible! Congrats and HH

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find 8-) My Rare Richard 11 London Mint was booking at £600, it realised £1300 at the auction...so who knows what yours could be worth. It all depends on the day, but I would expect a high price.:icon_thumright:

SS

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find 8-) My Rare Richard 11 London Mint was booking at £600, it realised £1300 at the auction...so who knows what yours could be worth. It all depends on the day, but I would expect a high price.:icon_thumright:

SS
Just discussing that with Dad on the phone, with the demand so high, specimens available so low, its one of the few coins that should end up over book price.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems quite fitting that in the year I got 10,000 Likes, we also recorded our 10,000th Roman Bronze Coin today. We have a few more but this is since we started proper record keeping.
The morning started on 2 Roman Sites, soon found out we had cleared them pretty good, so moved to a close-by long shot field where we had a random Saxon find. After proving it wasn't a site, we moved to the field I was on yesterday. Now glad we did.:laughing7: Within an hour Cru'Dad got the Very Rare Hammered.:hello2:

5 Scrappies
1 Livery Button
Jetton

Hammered Farthing
Richard III Penny, York Mint, Archb. Rotherham. Books (2015) at F - £400, VF - £1350. I've pictured it against the books example, which normally uses the best example they can find. Notice the difference. These coins are always poor & heavily clipped, & Cru'Dad's example is the best I can find on the internet, have a look at what some sold for!:headbang:
A fitting prize for our 10,000th Bronze, although we were hoping for a Roman Gold....:laughing7:

Cru, we're so proud of you! Your coin belongs in that book. You should let the writer/publisher know you've found a better example. Not to be nosy, but is Cru'dad your Dad? Or your metal detector or?? 😁

Congrats on your awesome finds. They always blow us away! -Lisa & John

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax

5 Scrappies
1 Livery Button
Jetton

Hammered Farthing
Think Cru dad deserves a drink for that one Cru.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG CRU; WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions