10 boxes - 10 skunks

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I have been working quarters and dimes lately, just to get a break from pennies. PLus the Ryedale is acting up again, and I don't want to spend the time to work on it (again). But I went to 5 banks today and got 2 boxes of halves from each. Figured I'd try halves hard again this week.

10 boxes. 10 skunks.

Man, I don't know why I keep getting boxes! They just don't work. But I see all the other posts saying that they had 13 silvers showing just on the ends, and all that, and I keep "hoping". Then I get them, and again they give nothing. What a disappointment. Not to mention the heaviness of opening the last 2 or 3 boxes. Still hoping, but fearing a full strike out. WHich happened.

I"ll continue to get boxes. I know it. I can't stop. it IS an addiction. But I'll work quarters and dimes again for a while, and i have 65 boxes of pennies right now backed up waiting for me to start my machine again. It will be 80 before i probably get it working, so I"ll be working pennies for a LONG time to catch up (I have standing orders, so even as I start working them again new ones will keep coming in).

I just wish I'd have ONE box of halves like I've read about. Oh well. At least I get some silver from loose rolls and trays (None this week though. Not yet at least. I pick up more pennies on Friday, and they keep any halves they get, so I might get some silver yet this week, that way. I get MOST of my silver from odds and ends, NOT from boxes.)

OKay, back to the searching ... and to some WORK. LOL. gotta do that too once in a while!

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't feel bad, I've been ordering boxes off and on for over 2 years, and I've received one box that had 27 silvers in it. That's it. All the rest, it's been lousy at best. Then again, I've searched dimes and found 75+ in two months.

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
d2arcing said:
how do you do with quarters and dimes?

Dimes I find a few silver here and there. Probably average over 1 per box. (Which is still not great) Quarters I don't find much silver (As rare or rarer than halves!) but I am looking for the 2009 quarters. They are out there, but very few are around, so I"m trying to get 2 rolls of each one. I have over one roll of DC, but less than a roll of the other territories. Not much of Mariana yet. But finding those helps me and keeps me interested. I get about 5 - 7 keepers per box right now. PLus I found a "low leaf error Wisconsin" last month. THAT was nice. :-)

Not much in silver though. Mostly just what the tellers give me.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Sorry to hear of your bad luck, as you said before (think) your area is bad; we have done 34 Boxes so far this month and only had 6 skunks & approx 250 Silvers. Lots of low volume Boxes though too.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
That's why I don't do boxes. I just get the customer wrapped rolls and loose ones in the trays. Much easier and less work. If I go a days without finding any, so be it. I stop for coffee and take my Lab "Riley" for a walk. That's it. Keep hunting....you'll get some. Good luck!
rileyboy

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boxes are getting worse. When I started in August, you could almost guarantee at least a few in the box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread