blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bounty hunter quick draw 2 metal detector and I was wondering if the magnum 10in coil would add more depth. I was looking on Amazon and the reviews are mixed on if it adds more depth or not.

And if anyone has one how much depth would it add over the stock 8in coil. Also I was reading on Amazon that someone contacted bounty hunter and they say they don't make it. And it won't add depth at all

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
as a general rule u will go as deep as ur coil is wide eg 8" coli 8" depth i would suspect u will get deeper with the 10" magnuim coil however target seperation will suck big time.

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many inches do you think it would add vs the stock coil. I figured the separation would suck though being a bigger coil

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
i figure 1.5 to 2" but i do not know for sure all i have is theroy. with my bh i have an 8" coil and get about 7-8" in my soil which is nice. if u have mineralized soil u may not get the same actually u prob wont get the same. if i had the 10" i would expect close to 10" i might add that im not using the qd2 i have a bh discovery 3300. i will say that i have no inclination to buy the 10" coil i find the 8" to work great. if i add a coil it would be the
11" dd or the 4" sniper coil they just make more sense to me

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
In general the Magnum coil won't add much depth, its primary advantage is wider coverage.

The 11 inch DD will probably add a little bit of depth, will get you the wider coverage, will provide target separation superior to the Magnum coil, and will pinpoint better once you learn the "rotate 90 degrees and try again" maneuver.

The Magnum coil might outshoot the 11 inch DD in an area without much trash and where electrical interference is high.

There is no one searchcoil that's the best, it all depends on conditions and on personal preference. When it comes to a contest between an elliptical DD and a round concentric of roughly the same maximum dimensions, I do have a strong preference, and that's the elliptical DD.

--Dave J.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread