10 K Gold earring, buffalo, Gilded button, and harmonica reed. All on a marathon hunt

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went up with Vino this morning, it was by far one of the most exciting hunts I was ever on! I was so excited seeing all that cool stuff come out of the ground all around me. I found three nice finds there (not quite what George and that kid did!) I think most times I would have felt left out not finding LC's or seated silver, but I was so pumped up thinking I was next. Lol haaa sometimes you the bug, sometimes your the windshield! I was very happy for all three of them and so excited to see that stuff first hand at such a historic place! Nice to be included, thanks again George. First find was a button, backmark says, "LS & Sperry, Extra", pretty little button. The second was a harmonica reed, a first for me, ( its amazing what things blow my dress up) I also found this tiny little bus token, it looked like a 5 dollar Gold Indian coming out of the ground, (thats how pumped up I was) I was scared to rub it. haaaa lol I almost licked it! By 12:30 I was a sweaty mess and very tired, I drove the hour and a half home knowing I was going to cool off at my lake spot. I spent three hours in the water finding a nice 10 k earring, 1923 Buffalo, 1945 wheatie, 1974 25 cent Canadian, and assorted bling. The little earring on the right is marked 925!

Enjoy the pix, HH & GL
Brad

Attachments

• SAM_0715.JPG
    SAM_0715.JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 149
  • SAM_0718.JPG
    SAM_0718.JPG
    567.6 KB · Views: 151
  • SAM_0720.JPG
    SAM_0720.JPG
    555.3 KB · Views: 129
  • SAM_0721.JPG
    SAM_0721.JPG
    497.4 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 10

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd call that a marathon!, great job yet again

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know how you do it, must be taking a handful of vitamins to keep that kind of a pace up! again with the awesome finds! congrats again

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how you do it, must be taking a handful of vitamins to keep that kind of a pace up! again with the awesome finds! congrats again
Thanks, just a multi vitamin every morning along with my blood pressure and cholesterol meds!

I'd call that a marathon!, great job yet again
I want gold!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went up with Vino this morning, it was by far one of the most exciting hunts I was ever on! I was so excited seeing all that cool stuff come out of the ground all around me. I found three nice finds there (not quite what George and that kid did!) I think most times I would have felt left out not finding LC's or seated silver, but I was so pumped up thinking I was next. Lol haaa sometimes you the bug, sometimes your the windshield! I was very happy for all three of them and so excited to see that stuff first hand at such a historic place! Nice to be included, thanks again George. First find was a button, backmark says, "LS & Sperry, Extra", pretty little button. The second was a harmonica reed, a first for me, ( its amazing what things blow my dress up) I also found this tiny little bus token, it looked like a 5 dollar Gold Indian coming out of the ground, (thats how pumped up I was) I was scared to rub it. haaaa lol I almost licked it! By 12:30 I was a sweaty mess and very tired, I drove the hour and a half home knowing I was going to cool off at my lake spot. I spent three hours in the water finding a nice 10 k earring, 1923 Buffalo, 1945 wheatie, 1974 25 cent Canadian, and assorted bling. The little earring on the right is marked 925!

Enjoy the pix, HH & GL
Brad

Great finds! That buffalo is just awesome, with date and not red like they turn up in the soil here, that would make my hunt alone. Congrats and HH!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your like the little train that could....And the energizer bunny!!! You keep going and going...Nice finds...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you have to zap that buffalo? Looks pretty nice.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you have to zap that buffalo? Looks pretty nice.
No I didn't hit that yet with the hillbilly zapping machine, I did give it a quick baking soda rub. I'm going to zap that, the canuk, and the little silver earring in a little bit, I'll send you some before and after shots in a PM if you want?

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the 10k Gold Earring, 1923 Buffalo & 1945 Wheat Treble! :occasion14:
If you ever need anymore '74 CDN quarters I've found a bunch of 'em over the years! :laughing7:

Nice hunt buddy,
Dave

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No I didn't hit that yet with the hillbilly zapping machine, I did give it a quick baking soda rub. I'm going to zap that, the canuk, and the little silver earring in a little bit, I'll send you some before and after shots in a PM if you want?

If you would be so kind could you send me the before and after photos of the three items? Tom has almost talked me into putting together a small zapping machine so I would be interested in seeing how it works on those items.

Thanks,
Jay

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats Treb... nice finds as usual.

Be careful about using the name "Hillbilly Zapper". I understand that it is now trademarked and infringement litigation is a real possibility! If you see a barefoot lawyer in overalls, you better run.

Thanks for all of your help! GL&HH!

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Treblehunter wrote:
> First find was a button, backmark says, "LS & Sperry, Extra", pretty little button.

According to the book "American Military Button Makers & Dealers; Their Backmarks & Dates", the button-manufacturing firm of Leavenworth, Spencer, & Sperry (located in Waterbury CT) was only in existence from 1835 to 1839.

As encouragement to you let me say, although you didn't find a seated-Liberty silver coin (yet), your goldplated brass 1-piece button is the same age as the very earliest of seated-Liberty coins. :)

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treblehunter wrote:
> First find was a button, backmark says, "LS & Sperry, Extra", pretty little button.

According to the book "American Military Button Makers & Dealers; Their Backmarks & Dates", the button-manufacturing firm of Leavenworth, Spencer, & Sperry (located in Waterbury CT) was only in existence from 1835 to 1839.

As encouragement to you let me say, although you didn't find a seated-Liberty silver coin (yet), your goldplated brass 1-piece button is the same age as the very earliest of seated-Liberty coins. :)
Thank you again for your knowledge and kind remarks, I feel the same way.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good!

If you would be so kind could you send me the before and after photos of the three items? Tom has almost talked me into putting together a small zapping machine so I would be interested in seeing how it works on those items.

Thanks,
Jay
Hey guys, I went down to Wildwoods NJ today with family, played with the kids(nephew and cousins) and got home at 10:00, I didn't have time, will take care of it in the morning

Congrats Treb... nice finds as usual.

Be careful about using the name "Hillbilly Zapper". I understand that it is now trademarked and infringement litigation is a real possibility! If you see a barefoot lawyer in overalls, you better run.

Thanks for all of your help! GL&HH!

I totally agree with, that you named it the Hillbilly Zapper. But I invented it (after reading about it on the internet)

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread