10 year old son found a 1850 large cent, first really good find.

marchilton

May 30, 2012
Mobile, Alabama
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalabur II 800, Fisher 555-D, Fisher CZ-20, Usika Cheif, Garrett Deep Seeker, White's Coinmaster V, White's Coinmaster 4/D, Fisher 1260-X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, I bought my 10 year old son a Fisher 1260-x last week, just to spend some time with him and to see if he would be interested in detecting... the second time out, in our back yard the boy pulls a 1850 large cent at 8 inches. I have hit the yard with many detectors and missed the coin so many times. The boy was so excited about the find so I got him a Fisher F5 to celebrate. I think that we have a new life long detectorist on our hands. in a couple of years, maybe we will be asking him for the tricks of the trade and to show us how to how to do this hobby. I am so proud of the boy, he is learning about history and the value of a penny. Everyone should take your kids or grand kids out and get them interested in this great hobby. Who knows, maybe this will keep him on the right path in life and away from the pressures that kids face these days. until next time.. H.H. everyone

Upvote 0

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
give the boy a pat on the back and a big congrats from the forum and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome, man! Congrats to both of you and welcome to Treasurenet.

How's the XP Deus treating you? 8-)

OP
OP
M

marchilton

May 30, 2012
Mobile, Alabama
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalabur II 800, Fisher 555-D, Fisher CZ-20, Usika Cheif, Garrett Deep Seeker, White's Coinmaster V, White's Coinmaster 4/D, Fisher 1260-X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome, man! Congrats to both of you and welcome to Treasurenet.

How's the XP Deus treating you? 8-)

I love the Deus. It is a very deep machine. I highly suggest picking one up if you have not already. Found a silver dime at 12 inchs on edge and rang out like a school bell.

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good path to put the lad on....congrats

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and hope he is hooked forever. It's good when he outshines ole dad...:)

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats awesome i bet he was estatic :thumbsup:

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats to your son! I agree that by us teaching and spending time with the kids and grandkids it will help keep them on the right track in life. Congrats to you for taking the time. God Bless.

OP
OP
M

marchilton

May 30, 2012
Mobile, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for the comments, the boy was thrilled to read them. Thank you so much for the encouraging words!!!

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find and I am glad your son enjoyed himself. I'm looking forward to taking my daughter out for the first time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread