Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Devonshire Gold mining Company and Miner's cottages

hi all, been busy over the last few months with new site . With work and family i haven,t had much time to post my finds but there a good bag of mixed relics and coins . dating between 1850 to 1940. While digging targets with the gpx we often find other relics in the ruins and scatterings. generally there just 2 of us and we used a few differents mds these days. A balance of different types of mds for differnts jobs on the site. Ground conditions vary due to the natural and unnatural state . being a gold mining town there different types of mining as well as the existance of those miners and their famlies that live around the area for about 90 years. Huge deep goldmines, general store an inn , blacksmith shop, Pickles factory, tailors and even orchards and market gardens. Water pumped out of the shafts was stored in 3 stage dam system . First dam was drinking and human use, second was stock and irragation , the 3 third was used for the crushing process of quartz stamper batteries. Water is always used carefully in this place as the during the summer catchment systems were always dry. Months without rain. Existance on ground water created by gold mining at great expense Baling water required additional shafts and engines along the Mine Line [quartz saddle reef] As many as 200 families lived at this end of the Reef and worked for the Devonshire Company. In the early days claims were quite small 200 feet by 60 feet. The richer yeiling claims brought out the lesser claims and such and such . Until large claims became the norm . These large claims were privately owned and others were floated as public companies. Mix of of mds Gpx 4500 main gold and depth seeker, Gold bug for tailings and wash gold. Ace 350 and AT pro for around the structures and engine plants. Sections of grid. 3 colours of builders string line marker power. Pink ferris , blue nonferris, White deep unknown. We dig as many targets as possible. Gpx defines gold by destinct sound. 100% strike rate. Took 3 years to master this in the some of the most mineralized ground in the world. each trip we cover little more that about 100 feet by 100 feet. Plan to clear every square inch. This game of slow and careful. Tracking on gpx on slow. In reguard to history and research we try to find out as much as possible. Right down to the names of the miners that lived and worked here. Don,t take having a complete history recorded for granted. Treasure it as our history only goes back to 1830 in this location. tinpan

Attachments

• 100_1760.jpg
    100_1760.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_1762.jpg
    100_1762.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_1781.jpg
    100_1781.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_1788.jpg
    100_1788.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_1791.jpg
    100_1791.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more

more gold added today to going pile tinpan

Attachments

• mines11.jpg
    mines11.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 144

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pieces of history tinpan......thankx

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff there Tinpan. I always look forward to your posts and the pictures to you paint for us of your lands, and bring to the table here. WTG buddy.

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Tinny I found this good pic of an old miners right, which you may find interesting. Also I stumbled across a secret stash of info on locations of old diggings, lemme know if you are interested.

image.resizer.class.php.jpg

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tinpan for the pictures and the insight into some of
the mining history around your area. Well done.......
Gold Nuggets :hello:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love reading your tales and all the historical info too.. I look foward to your postings too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread