$1000 Coin Find

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0380.JPG Sue and I went out for a quick one hour hunt on Sunday night and dug 34 clads worth $5.10 and I dug this Mexican 1000 peso coin. I know that pesos aren't worth very much but checked the current conversion rate and it's currently "worth" around $53 if I take a trip to Mexico to cash it in HA ! HA ! HA! A few people are trying to unload the same coin on eBay for around $10 with no takers...….I like the way they use a dollar sign on the coin !

Last edited:
Upvote 11

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, as I started to scroll down I saw the top of the coin and thought "Dang he found Gold!!!" My advice to you....go to Mexico and cash that baby in!!

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I lived near the border I might...….

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info...……….either way it's a piece of junk to me and will end up in my junk box:laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, we find those here quite often. Totally worthless. We give them out as tips at a restaurant!.........along with a proper tip! :laughing7:

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet your BP jumped when you 1st saw the gold in the hole, nice coin & if nothing else its a good showcase/conversation piece, congrats & HH

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I thought it was gold also when i first saw it
The color of the coin could fool people....it's actually a bronze/aluminum alloy

Yeah, we find those here quite often. Totally worthless. We give them out as tips at a restaurant!.........along with a proper tip! :laughing7:
I wonder what thewaitress/waiter thinks when they see that coin laying on the table...….

I bet your BP jumped when you 1st saw the gold in the hole, nice coin & if nothing else its a good showcase/conversation piece, congrats & HH
Actually, I wasn't even thinking gold....I was thinking token of some kind. I think this is the largest foreign coin I've ever dug and it'll go into my foreign coin junk box.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what I'd have done if I'd dug that thing up. I'll turn 70 in 3 days, on the Fourth! I'd have soiled myself too quickly to stop it!!!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
That’s a shame it’s not still legal tender. Would’ve been pretty cool to get to spend that!

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt that I could find any buyers for it and it's not worth much now that the peso was devalued.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions