100th Coin Found Today + My First Post

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Brian and I went on my first detecting trip a little less than a month ago. I went out yesterday for a bit and found 13 coins bringing my total to 99. So of course today after class I had to go out and find that 100th coin. I went to a local park and after about 2min I pulled out a quarter for my 100th coin since purchasing my detector. Then 2min later it started raining, but I was happy to find the big 1-0-0. 60 of the coins had come on my last 2 trips out, so I'm finally starting to understand how to best use my detector. It is a Garret Ace 250.

Welp, just thought I'd get my first post underway.

Brian

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Monty said:
I have a bigger more expensive detector than my ACE 250, but the Little Yeller Feller has been with me on several of my best finds!? The only thing it lacks is depth!? It will reach down to about 8" max on a day when the conditions are perfect. But for some reason my pinpointing sucks below six inches!? But I think it's me more than the detector.? I coin shoot a lot.? Not because I am satisfied with finding just clad, but it offers a perfect opportunity to really learn how to communicate with my detectors.? It is also convenient to my home and having parks and sports fields close by saves me a lot of $$$ in that new gold,? gasoline!? Hang on to that ACE and good luck with your Minelab.? I'll bet you wind up using that ACE a lot more than you would imagine.? Oh, and welcome to the forum!? Monty

i couldnt agree more about the depth and pinpointing deep targets. the ace has its limitations.....but......it will find the old stuff.just not the really deep old stuff.ive had fairly good results lately pulling up some old coins.i think it has a lot to do with location and detecting spots that others have overlooked. not all oldies are deep! i found a 1781 half reale less than 2 inches deep and a 1850 large cent at 4 inches.it just depends on the spot you are hunting,soil conditions,etc. congrats on the 100th coin. im quite sure youre gonna have a lot more milestones to look back on in less time than you think!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread