105 coin, six silver day

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Finally had an opportunity to head back to the school where I had found the silver quarter and dime a couple days ago. It was definitely cooler outside, with some flurries and the wind blowing but the ground wasn't frozen so it was great for detecting.

I started about where I had left off and right off the bat found five quarters laying just under the grass, so knew it should be a good day, and it was. Quarters were everywhere and then I hit a wheat, another wheat, then another before I had a deep sweet sound that ended up being a 44 Merc at the five inch range. I slowed down even more and still had wheat mixed with clad coming up, then hit the 47-S Roosie, then another 44 Merc. I was pretty pumped, but continued, finding the 45 Quarter, a solid sweet sound around six inches. I finally had enough and swinging back to the truck hit back to back the 31 Merc and the 45 Merc. I've had better silver days, but since the year was ending and not sure if I'm making it out again it was sweet just getting over 50(51) silver for the year and eight at this site(not counting the silver NCAA Champion charm) in two days!! Final total for the day was:

30 Clad Quarters
1 Silver Quarter(45)
23 Clad Dimes
1 Silver Roosie(47-S)
4 Mercs(31, 44, 44, 45)
16 Nickels
14 Memorial Cents
16 Wheat Cents(mostly 40's-50's)

105 Coins $11.65

Attachments

• 1229 001.jpg
    1229 001.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 508
  • 1229 002.jpg
    1229 002.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 1229 003.jpg
    1229 003.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 498
Upvote 0

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Smokes, what a day! I'd be happy with just one of those Mercs. WTG. Keep digging.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Congrats, Jack. Nice little stash you've got there!

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds for a days work. Is this a grade school or high school and were did you hunt at the school?

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Jack, nice bunch of finds. The knee must be a lot better.

Ken

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
terryve said:
Great finds for a days work. Is this a grade school or high school and were did you hunt at the school?

It's a Middle school and I'm hunting the field, used for soccer and football!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Kas said:
Wow Jack, nice bunch of finds. The knee must be a lot better.

Ken

As long as I'm on a level field and don't make a fast turn where my left knee twists, I'm OK, get me on a hill or I make a quick turn and I'm in some pain! Weather just too nice this time of year not to get out!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great day of digging Jack, wtg. nice bunch of silver.
HH
Glenn

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure did have a great day. That's a lot of nice silver for one day. Awesome silver total for the year too. I hope 2008 is even better for you, since you don't live near me ;) ;) ;D...LOL...

Have a great night

DANGLANGLEY

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Jack, that is an awesome day you had....kind of like my days!! ;D ;D

You're finishing out '07 in strong fashion!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good Grief! Where do you guys find these schools? We would never have clad and silver like that! Congrats to you!

HH,
Moon

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Great finds. One would think most schools would have been hit hard over the years and the good stuff all cleaned out. Though I have to admit I have gotten a buffalo nickel and IH from the Test Middle school fields.

You should be a mail carrier - neither rain, snow, cold, nor bad knee shall keep you from your appointed rounds!

Steve

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Captn_SE said:
Jack, that is an awesome day you had....kind of like my days!! ;D ;D

You're finishing out '07 in strong fashion!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Its a shame the year is almost over or I would have caught up, I'm only 601 silver behind you!!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
hoosierfinds said:
Great finds. One would think most schools would have been hit hard over the years and the good stuff all cleaned out. Though I have to admit I have gotten a buffalo nickel and IH from the Test Middle school fields.

You should be a mail carrier - neither rain, snow, cold, nor bad knee shall keep you from your appointed rounds!

Steve

Het Steve, last year RHS gave up six silver and a handful of wheats to me. I am always surprised when I hit a place thats been hit hard and find some goodies. Only wish I could have a shot at the football field there!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread