11" dime after switching coils.

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
11" dime after switching coils.

I found my deepest silver coin yesterday in a pounded trashy park where I live. I have run an Exp II / 1050 coil for the last 6 years and i have found many relics and coins with this original combination. I decided to change out the old coil with a new pro coil and boy what a difference. All I can say is that I had never found a legite 11" coin of any sort with the 1050, never more than 8-9". A couple of days ago I found a 1930 wheatie at 10". It could be the 1050 was defective. I tried to get a decent pic of the merc I dug at 11" in trash.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 528

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 11" dime after switching coils.

lostlake88 said:
It could be the 1050 was defective.

Possible. Turn your detector on and tap the couple inches of cable that goes into the coil. If it gives a low tone each time you hit it you've been using a bad coil. There could be another issue, but that would be an easy first test and all mine that have gone bad failed the tap test.

OP
OP
lostlake88

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Re: 11" dime after switching coils.

Iron Patch said:
lostlake88 said:
It could be the 1050 was defective.

Possible. Turn your detector on and tap the couple inches of cable that goes into the coil. If it gives a low tone each time you hit it you've been using a bad coil. There could be another issue, but that would be an easy first test and all mine that have gone bad failed the tap test.

I 'll check it out. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread