X-terra 505 or 705

firerescue1965

Greenie
Jan 11, 2008
I am upgrading from the Ace 250 to the Minelab X-terra 505 or 705 and need some advice. I was going to buy the 705, however it seems like a prospecting detector more than a coin/relic detector which is what I want. Is there really a such a huge difference between the two? I think the 505 will so what I want but I hate to buy it and then question whether I should have went with the 705. Will I really see a difference from the Ace? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You will see a huge difference! I upgraded from an Ace 350. I love my X-Terra 705 for coin and prospecting.

The 705 features auto ground balance, auto noise cancel, auto ground tracking, beach mode, etc. It does cost more then the 505 but the added features make up for it.

I'd get the 705 Gold Pack because it comes stock with the 18.75 kHz DD coil which is better in my mind.

Check SuperSnoopy36 on YouTube to see the 705 in action:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSnoopy36

And I'd say its more of a coin detector that has a really good prospecting mode.

DirtAngler

Jun 18, 2011
SE Pa
Detector(s) used
MX5, M6, GPP, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go with the 705 you won't regret it and you'll have a top of the line detector and no need to upgrade anytime soon. Not saying the 505 isn't a good detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread