🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been down for over six weeks and haven't been able to get out. ( popped something in my lower back) A buddy told me they moved the bleachers to mow at a park/ballfield/football field about six miles from my house. I decided to try it since its just beautiful weather in PA today' and I've been dying to get out. My goal was twenty holes, it ended up being about a hour and a half hunt. All clad, but for me it was as good as gold. everything was were to bleachers were. A ton of signals I didn't dig as I was trying to guess (learn) what I was digging.

The golf ball had me fooled. I swung over it and got a nice signal, what the heck, ended up being a quarter under it.

Great day to be out, hope everyone finds silver and gold.

5 quarters, 1dime, 6 lincolns, 2 foil, 5 pulltabs, lead? hunk. Nothing deeper than maybe three inches. This place is about ten acres and I don't think it's ever been hunted. I'll have to get back when I can.

Attachments

• 20140815_114023.jpg
    20140815_114023.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 5

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post and pictures. Two reasons for this post.

First you mentioned bleachers. I love bleachers the morning after an event. There is tons, well maybe pounds of goodies to be found under them. But you have to get there early before the park, or whatever crews, come to work. MD'ing is not allowed so the search has to be eyeball. No problem. Coins (clad) are right on top of the dirt or grass and easy to spot. Over the years I've found every odd ball thing there is to be found. Found several wallets, personally returned to owners and one ladies big purse, returned also. How she could lose or miss something that big is still a mystery. She didn't even noticed it was lost. My oddest find was a nice spinning reel after a tractor Pull Event. Who brings a spinning reel to a Tractor Pull???

Second reason, many years ago I got a real signal off a golf ball about an inch down. i wiped the dirt off it and it was still giving a signal. This can't be I thought. Brought it home, examined it carefully and decided this has to be solved. Put it my bench vise and cut it in half with my skill saw. Both sides still have a signal. Used my knife to peel all the rubber from the insides and the damn pile of rubber still gave off a signal. I then used a good strong magnet to see if anything would attach to it. Nothing. Kept it for a while before trashing it. A real mystery. Oh, I had a cheap detector at the time. A real mystery.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always good to get out and detect and in process unwind a bit !!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope your back was feeling good when all was said and done. Mine used to bother me if I hunted for more then a couple hours. Swinging that White's V3I was brutal. Now that I switched to the Deus my back is much happier. Unfortunately nobody has come out with a detector that makes old worn out knees stop hurting.

OP
OP
U

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No silver this trip, but I have a feeling it's there somewhere. Been feeling good all day, I think the twenty hole limit was a good choice, and doing it at my own pace just staying in a specific area.

I generally in good health, but jerking my trolling motor out of my boat and feeling my back pop, proved I'm not as young and tough as I think I am.

The minute they come out with a detector for old worn out knees, I'll be "sittin" in line....LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread