12 Wheats & No SILVER!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 Wheat's & No SILVER!

It's Getting Hot out there in the SE at least.
Got out yesterday to a Promising House site built in 1950.
Thought it would be good for at least 1 Silver but it was not to be.
Dug 12 Wheat Cents Mostly from the 1950's & Some 40's , Ill take Em.
Crazy only got 1 clad Quarter 2 clad Dimes 2 Copper Memorials & 3 Zinc Cents
yes I was digging the VDI's In the 50-66 range (on the Whites) cause I was in a Civil War area.
Plus the Ground was Hard as a rock , being it has not rained in 10+ Days.
Sorry No Pic's But y'all know what Dug 1950's Wheat Cents look like. :tongue3:
Davers

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Davers, I consider it a good day if I at least pull a wheat, and a great day if I pull a silver or 19th century coin. Hope you had fun and you get some rain to loosen the soil. :thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats Davers. It is getting hot here too, and the ground is like concrete. I found 18 Wheaties last week, and zero silvers.

Hey wait a minute, maybe we are the same person... has anyone ever seen both of us at the same time?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I never kept count exactly but my wheat to silver ratio has to be somewhere around 10:1. I have 90 silver coins for the year thus far and a pile of about 1000 wheats. Odds are your next coin will be silver!!! Lol

Mercs to Rosies is about 4:1
Mercs to Barbers is about 4:1
And seated to Barbers is about 4:1

Anyway, keep cleaning out those wheats and there may be silver underneath. I know what you mean about dry ground. It's killing me at a spot where everything old starts at 8". Pray for rain!!!!

Good luck

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twelve wheats is always a good day and just finding those wheats gives you hope there's silver there too. I wouldn't give up on that property yet, 9 out of 10 properties we find wheats we find silver.

Congrats and Good Luck finding the silver!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I would call that a good day, site has to have potential I would think ! If I get one wheat cent lately I call it good ! :headbang:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel the same about Wheaties. Has to be more treasure there....specially 10 found...Good Hunt!

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers, I consider it a good day if I at least pull a wheat, and a great day if I pull a silver or 19th century coin. Hope you had fun and you get some rain to loosen the soil. :thumbsup:

Yeah man ..
Like I said "Ill take em"

Yes----Rain Please!! We do need some as certain plants are starting to wilt.
Plus High temps near 90 this weekend, Humidity to but that helps the afternoon showers at least.
GD
Loco-digger

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never kept count exactly but my wheat to silver ratio has to be somewhere around 10:1. I have 90 silver coins for the year thus far and a pile of about 1000 wheats. Odds are your next coin will be silver!!! Lol

Mercs to Rosies is about 4:1
Mercs to Barbers is about 4:1
And seated to Barbers is about 4:1

Anyway, keep cleaning out those wheats and there may be silver underneath. I know what you mean about dry ground. It's killing me at a spot where everything old starts at 8". Pray for rain!!!!

Good luck

I don't think I have Dug 90 Silver Coins In my 15 years of hunting (mostly a Relic hunter tho).
Only 2 Barber Coins both Dimes one EF 1903 O in 1999 that I put Micro Scratches on using Tarnex & a Q-Tip. (before I knew Better). Have not looked at it in 10 years so hopefully some of those Micro scratches are toning out. The other was in AG condition Date ??? Common I Know that was in 2012.

Jersey had a Higher Population back in those days. & Most of the older homes in the ATL, are in bad Hood's.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twelve wheats is always a good day and just finding those wheats gives you hope there's silver there too. I wouldn't give up on that property yet, 9 out of 10 properties we find wheats we find silver.

Congrats and Good Luck finding the silver!!

For me it's more like 3-4 out of 10 .

I will hit it again after a good rain.

Gl
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I would call that a good day, site has to have potential I would think ! If I get one wheat cent lately I call it good ! :headbang:

One is usually good for me to, that's what gets me sometimes ( No offence Ahab8).
Many times he has posted he is tired digging IH's & toasted Coppers / LC.

I do the happy dance when an IH pop's up, & the only LC I ever dug was made into a button, you have to look REAL CLOSE
to tell it was a LC.
I like it tho.

Your Banner day will come CRM.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey it happens!, I dug 26 wheats once with 1 silver roosie, just weird how that works!!

still good to get them wheats!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someplaces have already been cherry picked, some just never had any silver lost there. A place I started hunting 2 years ago began with several days filled with nothing but dozens of wheaties. Eventually I got out of the penny zone and began pulling great silvers. Moral of the story is: you are finding old stuff so be sure to hunt it thoroughly, the silvers could be just a swing away!

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love digging wheats. Like others have said: great potential for silver and other relics. We have a little wheatie competition every year for just bragging rights with some local guys. Gives a little more value to the wheats. Nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread