120 pound tub of jewelry yields TREASURE! Help on bracelet please?

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes a therapy run to the thrift store is all I need after a hard day at work, so yesterday I brought a tub home that I could barely lift. I mean barely. Surely weighed 120lb. So heavy I couldn't lift it using the plastic handles--too much bend! I only buy these a couple times a year, and to be honest, I haven't had any major scores from this particular thrift. My luck changed last night.

The silver cuff bracelet... I just can't identify it! Bright red acid test / sterling. Carved plastic-looking music motif on the top, screwed into place. Screws look pre-war to me. 1920's maybe? Any help on the style or name would be appreciated!

Then the 14K flower brooch. 19.2 grams of 14K. I though it was 18K but after about 5 minutes the gold sample had become murky and discolored. Reckon I can squeeze $500 out of it on ebay. $800 OBO. That pays for the tub, so the rest is cheddar! :)

David Yurman Onyx bead necklace is good for $150. Found a nice Lois Hill cuff bracelet (just let it go to a coworker for $100 which is petty theft), one nice Silpada piece, an Anatoli double strand sterling necklace, and many other bits and pieces. Oh, a nice 10K bracelet with stones too. A good tub without the gold. An amazing tub with it!

Been awhile since I shared a find. Thanks for looking! HH out there, folks! People are getting lazy on the jewelry these days, may it stay that way!

[URL=http://s203.photobucket.com/user/threefourtytwo/media/bulkpic_zps6f0ztwen.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Last edited:
Pretty good score....the costume stuff can probably sold off in lots for a healthy profit.

Regards + HH

Bill

120lbs of someones trash to your treasure! Nice

Weird. I "liked" your pics back when you posted. Then the thread pops up again today and I don't even remember it! :tongue3:

Awesome haul!! As for the screws in the bracelet, we used screws EXACTLY LIKE THAT in our sheet metal machine shop back in the early '80's. I've still got some of the calipers and micrometers from back then that are made of same type/style screws. In any case, you got some truly wonderful pieces out of that monstrous tote full!! :occasion14:

That just looks like a bunch of fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back