Separate or sell as is? Gold--

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some unique ones that were at the thrift store today. The ring is 14 K. The Coin I believe is 22K 1945 dos pesos. The bezel is 14k. The second one is the same thing except for the elephant is 2.2 gr of 18k. Are they too unique do you think to sell as is or would be better to separate the coin, bezels, scrap the rings being I can get 98% on the rings. And sell the elephant? I guess my only problem is I want to keep the coins! Lol.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470360249.667628.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question! If it were me, I think I'd keep the coins and scrap the rest. Nice score however you decide!

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, bounty hunter QuickDraw II
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thrift stores don't even have clean gold toned crap. You got nice finds here. Keep those coins. The problem is that Mexico often stamps the gold incorrectly. Test it to be certain it's 22k

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Price them higher than you want, then if they don't sell, scrap and keep coins...:laughing7:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thrift stores don't even have clean gold toned crap. You got nice finds here. Keep those coins. The problem is that Mexico often stamps the gold incorrectly. Test it to be certain it's 22k

If it makes you feel any better we live in a tourist area in Fort Myers Florida. this area is seasonal pretty much, out of 50 or 60 thrift stores in this area I have found 2 that are worth going to. maybe three now but the third ones like 15 miles one way away from me! normally two days a week I go there but lately they've been pumping out a lot of Victorian jewelry and antique jewelry and pricing it as low stuff. I've been going there 2 times a day 7 days a week. So once this dries up then who knows but somebody sent them some immaculate jewelry. I got a 14 K cameo the other day for $8 dollars. A crown Trifari bracelet for seven dollars. A 14 K bracelet for $2. I think I spent on these pieces here $250. But if it were all 14 K would scrap at $320. I paid up for these but I don't really care because is not something you're going to find everyday.

There was a guy who got there before me and he bought a whole bunch of large sterling silver turquoise cuff bracelets for like $40 apiece.

I just put my daughter in daycare and it's right next-door so I kind of have to go once in the morning when I drop her off and once in the afternoon when I pick her up! Lol. Although these days may come to an end because I'm trying to get a job at this place in town that's really good to work it so I'll only have my weekends not every day.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kept the coins. Going to scrap the gold rings. Sell the bezels and elephant on eBay. By the time it's all said in done will have about $15-25 in the two coins. Now to find a 1oz gold eagle in the case for $20!! That would be the day!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a bolo tie with two of those dos peso hanging on each of the rope ends.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

It is known what those coins are, as they were minted. They don't stamp their coins with anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread