13 silver weekend, One of my best days EVER!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday and sunday were two great days of detecting with my buddies.

Saturday I met up with DiggerDan for some farm house door knocking. House number one gave up a merc on the first hole I dug, nothing else but clad thereafter. House 2 gave up a few wheats and clad. House 3 gave up the 1888 indian and one more merc. Not a bad day, but Dan had enough and dropped me off at my car, which is right beside an old ballfield I have hit pretty hard this year. I told Dan "I have a feeling there is something for me in that ballfield today, I am gonna detect it for 1/2 an hour before I call it quits"

So I crank up the manual sensitivity to 29 and off I go, I get an absolute screaming 03-47 and I am thinking this is a half dollar! I cut a nice deep plug, flip it back and there laid a walking liberty half in the bottom of the hole! made the day a LOT better.

Sunday Mr. Stuff came up to do some door knocking and it was a GREAT 10 silver day!

house 1: 1890 seated dime, 1916 buffalo, 2 wheats
house 2: 3 silver rosies, 4 mercs, sterling ring, 3 wheats
house 3: 2 indians, SLQ quarter

10 silver and ONLY 5 wheats! I was SO CLOSE to a dime grand slam, couldn't find a barber to save my life!!!!! Getting the seated was the HARD part, uughhhhh I wanted that grand slam so bad! I had to settle for a trifecta! :laughing9:

Mr. Stuff dug 8 or 9 silver himself, he got 7 silver in the same yard I did, that was a 14 silver yard!

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

Upvote 0

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
one hell of a silver weekend!!! nice going. looks like im going to have to ball it up soon and hit up some farmers doors...
neil

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
halfdime said:
Nice! Type I or II on the SLQ? How about a reverse pic?
type 2, with a huge bend in it.....looks like it got into a fight with a lawnmower, it was only 2 inches deep
I had to put it into a vise to get it half way straight for a pic!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice silvers ...congrats! :thumbsup:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Incredible knock-out finds!! Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, looks like you had fun for sure. Love the WLH. :headbang:

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Great weekend and great post. I often wonder if I go to the extreme with this hobby by spending all my spare time doing it and I think to myself "hey, if I'm not finding anything it would be a different story" it's just good to know that there are others out there like me. Keep it up and good luck on that next great find!!!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that is alot of silver :hello2:

I have had no luck with silver this year :dontknow:

Blaze