13oz pile of gold dust! some of our bullion operations take a look.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
here is something fun to take a look at, its 13 oz of gold dust.
just something most dont get to see everyday unless you do my job.
sorry I have not posted more of late but I have been so darn busy processing gold and silver into bars and coins and other products I just have not had the time to post pics of all cool stuff I have been doing.

But what I have been up too lately has been fun.
Its not often you get to see the difference of the same weight of gold to silver next too each other, I included a pic of that.
some of my operations I have to keep secerate for obvious reasons but there is also a picture of some of the gold after blanks have been punched for making coin.
as well as some of the piles upon piles of silver bullion we have been making for investors...talk about an unquenchable thirst for bullion right now.

Anyway. Have not gotten much sleep of late but just wanted to share.
also, we have been doing quite a few peoples gold into coins of late.
this coming year we are going to have a 1/4 1/2 and full ounce gold coin that features and will be made from only placer gold, so if youve got it. we can make it into what you need it too be.
have fun on the tour.

David

Attachments

• GOLDPLE.jpg
    GOLDPLE.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 7,626
  • GOLDSILVERRATIO.jpg
    GOLDSILVERRATIO.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,433
  • 50osscale1.jpg
    50osscale1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,303
  • 50osscale2.jpg
    50osscale2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,342
  • swisscheese.jpg
    swisscheese.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,406
  • silverpiles.jpg
    silverpiles.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,382
Upvote 0

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Great pics, would be kind of cool to have a small section of the punched sheet
in a coin collection, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jewelerdave

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
opps, sorry, They are in a post so old I am sure most dont remember when I started them, the 2008 version is going to be done by the end of the year, and a new design will be offered. there are less than 1000 of the 2008s out there so if anyone wants to pick one up, let me know before its too late! Cost is Spot + $10 each pluse $3 shipping for singles. Bulk orders are less obviously

Attachments

• GOLDCOINS.jpg
    GOLDCOINS.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,442
  • GOLDCOINS.jpg
    GOLDCOINS.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,268

Patrick Jane

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave reminds me of the old private mints out West. Maybe we are now seeing the return to gold and silver coins since paper is becoming worthless.

Patrick Jane

OP
OP
jewelerdave

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thats actually what we are doing, some of the 2009 coins will be territorial re strikes useing Colorado gold dated 2009 for the 150th anniversary of the Colorado Gold rush. Like the old Clark and Gruber coins. Also will be very limited edition. Start saving now as we may only make 100 to 200 1 oz coins. Not that much Colorado gold available.

We are defiantly seeing some changes in the way the market works, A lot and I mean A Lot of people are changing there dollars into gold and silver.
My biggest fear is that they do what they did in 1933 to stimulate the economy and outlaw ownership of gold and silver to keep the paper money moving and not horded, take all value out of it.
there are some who feel they may drive the spot price down to zero to get out of the contracts if too many call them in. ya cant sue something or demand delivery of something with zero value, the paper gold and silver market may see this happen.
there already is a separation of the spot price too the tangible with a widening gap. When silver hits zero per ounce, I feel the physical metal will be going for $40 to maybe $1000 or more an ounce....depends on how many dollars they just print up. Imagine the US dollar as common as the Zimbabwe dollars. scary...just scary. I recently did a fun little demo on that where I wrote down on a 3x5 note card 1 oz of gold IOU for $850...for some reason they would not pay for it.
Anyway we are making some really cool stuff. 2009 is going to be interesting for sure.

Patrick Jane

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave:)

You have a real good grasp on money value and price. Most people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I think we will see great things from you, you radiate such a feeling of trust, I don't get from my banker or government.

Best

Patrick Jane

danny1987

May 1, 2008
I think we both realize that the gold and silver price is going to plummet. So for you and just for you i offer a gold bailout. I well pay $300 in tax payer money for an ounce of gold.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Is this where you sign up for the drawing of that pile of dust??? LOL :D

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. My little vials have a long way to go before I get a pile like that! Beautiful coins, too!

Lookin

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got a typo on your web page, in the about section.

" important to do are part to at least attempt "

cool site..nice coins

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very very nice!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
dave what kind of job do you have? i sure wish i had a job like yours, do you get to melt all that stuff down and cast it into bars?

OP
OP
jewelerdave

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am a Jeweler by trade. I make these special rings www.demokume.com
I also refine a lot of gold and as the jewelry business has been slow I have been selling lots of bullion to make up for the down time. But now the bullion market is cooling off and the rings are picking up.
I also take on odd ball metals contracts. Like making coin blanks out of gold.
I also invest, hunt treasure and do pretty much what ever I feel like doing so long as I find it interesting. Always wheeling and dealing in something in the related fields if it involves gold or just seems like something worth dealing in.
It may sound interesting and amazing, and it is at first, But when it comes to dealing in gold silver etc. After a while it just becomes metal. And loses its allure. So one must be careful, Too much gold can cure gold fever LOL, and a lot of things that you may have once seemed special when you deal with them everyday they become common place. For example, Antique rings. many people would be horrified at the number of old US Gold coins, and Old rings, some dating back as far as the late 1700s that we melt down on a regular basis. Of course we check for collectible value but if its nothing special, Its melted.
there are some older posts I made on here last year showing pictures of me melting down old US Coin as well as dissolving old gold British coins from the 1800s in acids.
My "job" may sound fun and interesting but only get into it if your ready to lose the allure of how special some things are...because you quickly find that many things just are not.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
ok i hear you. i bet alot of guys here would much rather do what you do than go to an assembly line everyday. but i guess it is just like any other job, sooner or later you get tired of it and want to do something else. here in about 11 years when i retire i am going to try and get me one of those bank teller jobs, that is if any silver is still floating around in circulation by then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread