14 Silvers, 55 Wheats!!! Found My 100th Silver Coin of the Year!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Fellow Tnetters,

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, but have still been getting out to some of my heavily hunted parks and still finding a good amount of those elusive "deepies". Today was a good day. In just a few hours, I scored 6 silver and about 15 wheaties from an area of a large LA park that I've never hunted before. One of the silvers was a small religious pendant with an angel on it. I wish I could have filmed all the silver digs for you to watch, but my buddy, Jon (goldenapples, film-editor extraordinaire) had to work today. :-\

My 100th silver coin of the year that I found today was just as fulfilling to recover as my 1st silver was some three and a half months ago. I always wonder to myself how many more old coins I can find in these pounded parks, and each time I go, I'm very thankful and excited to continue to hear those 6-9" fluty signals sounding off on my SE.

Thanks for looking. Detect with Passion!!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2614_sm.jpg
    IMG_2614_sm.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,348
  • ReligCharm.jpg
    ReligCharm.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,340
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are an absolute legend brother. 14 silvers. Way to go Dan!! :thumbsup: :headbang: :hello2: You are going to break last years record.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Simply AMAZING!!
HH
Baggins

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Evolution said:
You are an absolute legend brother. 14 silvers. Way to go Dan!! :thumbsup: :headbang: :hello2: You are going to break last years record.

Thanks, Rob. Last year's record is safe and secure. No where near the amount of oldies as I was finding last year. Law of diminishing silver returns in the turf. :sad7:

HH,
Dan
CAPTN SE

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Evolution said:

Thanks, Rob. Last year's record is safe and secure. No where near the amount of oldies as I was finding last year. Law of diminishing silver returns in the turf. :sad7:

HH,
Dan
CAPTN SE
I forgot. Your season starts in January. :tongue3: ;D I was thinking for a second that you started when I did. Last month. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Baggins, cntrydncer1.

Thanks, Tom! No silver is safe under both our coils!! :angry4: :angry5:

CAPTN

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
DANG! I really want to say you are a brat, just 'cuz I'm jealous. The ground is barely thawed out here, had another frost this morning, at least it's diggable. :wink:

Great START to the year, keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Captn Dan! Leave some for us will ya :D

Nice job :thumbsup:
Nat

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great dig's Dan,Sorry Jon had to work when all the goodie's started popping out.Look's like the SE will continue to suck these baby's from the ground....Great Dig's,I wont come close to 100 in my lifetime.....Detect with Passion I Will!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey cow NICE FINDS..... :thumbsup:

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Dan, it is nice to see you posting your recoveries from those "so-called" hunted out parks. I don't think you have disappointed any of us on your unbelievable wilver excavations. You are on your way to another several hundred wilvers. :icon_sunny: I will probably never find 100 wilvers in my lifetime, and you've done it in just a few months of hunting. :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to seeing some new videos soon, my friend!

Good luck on your next metal datecting excursions!

Kyle

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones
Hey Dan thanks for making my work day just that little bit more %$#@ with the SILVER texts :crybaby2:

Great finds and I for one will never get tierd of seeing Silver ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread