14K Gold Ring, 64 Rosse, 45 Big S War Nickel, 15 Wheats, Marbles, Tokens, etc.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I hit our local spot on Saturday and Sunday and hunting wasn’t too great. That’s because the rain kept coming and going on both days. I was rained out early on Sunday after arriving around 1:00 PM; it didn’t last before I had to leave. I

I did manage a 14k Gold Ring, a 64 Roosevelt Dime, a Big S 1945 Silver War Nickel too. I also found 15 wheats with the oldest being minted in 1928, and a few cool marbles as well. The other mentionable finds are a small spoon is marked SIAM with some kind of profit on the handle, a Locker Disneyland Token, a City of Portstmouth Free Parking Token, a Knott’s Berry Farm Good Luck Token with crossed pistols, a junk ring, and some other stuff.

HH and Gold Luck to all.

Attachments

• AH Weekend Finds 1.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 1.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 953
  • AH Weekend Finds 5.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 5.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 746
  • AH Weekend Finds 4.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 4.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 731
  • AH Weekend Finds 3.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 3.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 740
  • AH Weekend Finds 2.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 2.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,022
  • AH War Nic 2.JPG
    AH War Nic 2.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 749
  • AH War Nic 1.JPG
    AH War Nic 1.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 751
  • AH Gold Ring 5.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 5.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 758
  • AH Gold Ring 4.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 4.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 753
  • AH Gold Ring 3.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 3.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 962
  • AH Gold Ring 2.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 2.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 761
  • AH Gold Ring 1.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 1.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 772
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Re: 14K Gold Ring, 64 Rosse, 45 Big S Silver War Nickel, 15 Wheats, Marbles, etc.

The last three photos: ;)

Attachments

• AH Weekend Finds 7.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 7.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 758
  • AH Weekend Finds 6.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 6.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 744
  • AH Weekend Finds 8.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 8.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 733

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ant..stupid question.. please dont laugh, how the heck are you finding these marbles..buried with the coins? cause I have yet to find any marbles when I find coins. and I collect old marbles.... I am just curious is all... and love the ring by the way... you always do good when hunting..

airhead booty

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Wow, that is a great hunt. I have found a few marbles too. the first was quite a surprise.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 14K Gold Ring, 64 Rosse, 45 Big S War Nickel, 15 Wheats, Marbles, Tokens, et

Awesome hunt and finds Anthony! Have you considered cashing in some of those crushed gold finds? I see many people are cashing in their crunchy golds lately with the high gold prices and getting a good price. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Thanks for all the kind replies, it keeps us going.

bootybay said:
Ant..stupid question.. please dont laugh, how the heck are you finding these marbles..buried with the coins? cause I have yet to find any marbles when I find coins. and I collect old marbles.... I am just curious is all... and love the ring by the way... you always do good when hunting..

airhead booty

Hi Booty. That’s not what I would consider an airhead question. Most of them are found at demolition sites by eyeballing, but every now and them I dig them when retrieving a target.

Marbles went on the wayside for the most part in the mid 60's because of a campaign that went around saying that playing marbles taught young children how to gamble :o. In a way I guess they are right.

Bavaria Mike said:
Awesome hunt and finds Anthony! Have you considered cashing in some of those crushed gold finds? I see many people are cashing in their crunchy golds lately with the high gold prices and getting a good price. HH, Mike

Hi Mike. I've been thinking about it, but I'm still holding out on getting rid of the damaged Gold items. When the price sticks at a $1,000.00 I'll might go for it.

HH

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Great hunt Ant! Congrats on the gold and silver! I have a few of those Aladdin tokens from a local arcade I frequented 30 years ago. Take care!

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent hunt! Great pictures of the ring coming out of the ground.Thanks for sharing.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Congrats on your finds, Anthony. I know exactly from those pics where you went. I'd say you did well considering the terrible weather we had here over the weekend. I didn't make it out. Old coins, some silver, some interesting relics, marbles, tokens, and a gold ring. Everything but the kitchen sink. I found one of those Knott's Berry Farm tokens at a park in Fullerton last year.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Windbreaker

Jan 10, 2008
Hawkinsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
MPx & BH - Challanger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrific pictures, what do you take the pics with? I have pics of my finds but they are on my phone and i cant figure out how to get them to go to my e-mail address!!

Wonderfull!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 14K Gold Ring, 64 Rosse, 45 Big S War Nickel, 15 Wheats, Marbles, Tokens, et

Ant,
Congrats on the gold ring! You're making me want to give up on the relic hunting for a bit and go back to hitting some parks. With gold prices as they are, it's a smart move.
That Knott's Berry Farm token is pretty cool.
I used to live in Fullerton back in the late 70's. I worked at my uncles Mobil station after high school. I remember drooling over a brand new gold edition 78 Trans Am at the dealership across the street. I was driving a 73' Formula Firebird then. Great times. ;)
Congrats,
MM

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Great finds! Congrats.

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
Some of the best finds that I have seen in awhile!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Awesome finds! Love the marbles and the ring! I've only found that many marbles in 5 years. You found a "cache" of em! Good for you!

HH,
Moon

cal-hunter

Greenie
Aug 21, 2007
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
DFX, Surf PI Pro
Looks like you had a great weekend Ant! I couldn't get out there last weekend and am flying to Florida on a quick business trip next Sunday. Maybe I'll see you out there Saturday if I can sneak away for few hours. Leave some for me!
HH
CAL-HUNTER

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great hunt Ant! Congrats on the gold and silver! WTG my Friend. :o ::) ::) :o ;D ;D ;D

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Congrats, Some really nice finds.

I'm thinking Knott's Berry Farm...Disneyland...hmmm Wonder just where that could be? ??? ??? :-\

HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions