14K Gold Ring, 64 Rosse, 45 Big S War Nickel, 15 Wheats, Marbles, Tokens, etc.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I hit our local spot on Saturday and Sunday and hunting wasn’t too great. That’s because the rain kept coming and going on both days. I was rained out early on Sunday after arriving around 1:00 PM; it didn’t last before I had to leave. I

I did manage a 14k Gold Ring, a 64 Roosevelt Dime, a Big S 1945 Silver War Nickel too. I also found 15 wheats with the oldest being minted in 1928, and a few cool marbles as well. The other mentionable finds are a small spoon is marked SIAM with some kind of profit on the handle, a Locker Disneyland Token, a City of Portstmouth Free Parking Token, a Knott’s Berry Farm Good Luck Token with crossed pistols, a junk ring, and some other stuff.

HH and Gold Luck to all.

Attachments

• AH Weekend Finds 1.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 1.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 954
  • AH Gold Ring 1.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 1.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 773
  • AH Gold Ring 2.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 2.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 762
  • AH Gold Ring 3.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 3.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 963
  • AH Gold Ring 4.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 4.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 754
  • AH Gold Ring 5.JPG
    AH Gold Ring 5.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 759
  • AH War Nic 1.JPG
    AH War Nic 1.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 752
  • AH War Nic 2.JPG
    AH War Nic 2.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 750
  • AH Weekend Finds 2.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 2.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,023
  • AH Weekend Finds 3.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 3.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 741
  • AH Weekend Finds 4.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 4.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 732
  • AH Weekend Finds 5.JPG
    AH Weekend Finds 5.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 747
Upvote 0

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
You had a great day.....by which I mean you went out and dug silver, gold, and old. Plus you got good variety. I love those kinda days.

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Captn_SE said:
Congrats on your finds, Anthony. I know exactly from those pics where you went. I'd say you did well considering the terrible weather we had here over the weekend. I didn't make it out. Old coins, some silver, some interesting relics, marbles, tokens, and a gold ring. Everything but the kitchen sink. I found one of those Knott's Berry Farm tokens at a park in Fullerton last year.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Hi CAPTN SE. Yeap, you know exactly the place ;). The place is still active and undergoing an ever changing landscape, even what I call big silver is still coming out. On Saturday MineLab Marty found a Silver quarter, and dimes are always coming out.

When I compare my find with others, I notice that they find the same stuff that I do besides gold, nickels and foil for the most part. That seems to be the trend from what I have seen in this area. One thing I have learned is not to dig all foil signals. I do this by listening to the subtle differences of a foil target's density and shape. Then I determine if it might be a good target or not, that’s how I get everything but the kitchen sink :). Thanks Captn SE. Hope to see you back out there.

Windbreaker said:
Terrific pictures, what do you take the pics with? I have pics of my finds but they are on my phone and i cant figure out how to get them to go to my e-mail address!!

Wonderfull!

Hi Windbreaker. I use the 5.2 mp HP M425 Photosmart Digital Camera in MACRO Mode. To take close-up photos you'll need a camera that has a Macro Mode function. Thanks for asking and when you get a camera that a has Macro Mode function I’ll be glad to go into detail on how I get the photos to come out like that. Thanks for asking.

ModernMiner said:
Ant,
Congrats on the gold ring! You're making me want to give up on the relic hunting for a bit and go back to hitting some parks. With gold prices as they are, it's a smart move.
That Knott's Berry Farm token is pretty cool.
I used to live in Fullerton back in the late 70's. I worked at my uncles Mobil station after high school. I remember drooling over a brand new gold edition 78 Trans Am at the dealership across the street. I was driving a 73' Formula Firebird then. Great times. ;)
Congrats,
MM

Thanks MM. So you’re one of those fast guys.

CAL-HUNTER said:
Looks like you had a great weekend Ant! I couldn't get out there last weekend and am flying to Florida on a quick business trip next Sunday. Maybe I'll see you out there Saturday if I can sneak away for few hours. Leave some for me!
HH
CAL-HUNTER

We are both in luck, because it’s too wet to hunt right now, and I’m working OT on Friday and Saturday. Be safe and good luck on the trip, I hope you find Gold and Silver when you hit the spot :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread