14k then another gold ring! saves the weekend

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
To say my weekend sucked would be a understatement. I got a few civil war finds but not much. Then Saturday I had a severe allergy attack as I have not taken anything all winter and apparently every thing is out. I eventually made it back to the car after a short nap(I suppose the poison oak covering my arms was not helping matters) And guy I came to hunt with had to go home early any way so he dropped me off at the hotel. I spent the rest of the day sleeping. Then later got up enough energy to go to the store and get some allergy stuff and took a double dose. Much better today. Then today I had a plan to hunt with some one but that went south. So I said enough all ready I am going home. One of my problems I solved was picking up my headphones I had left in VA. So on way home I decided to re hit spot me and Rich tried last week with my etrac and his whites. Boy am I glad I did! 1s target is a wheat cent, then a indian cent. 4th target is the 1st gold (14k,)88 is for white diamonds I'm guessing in 2nd part of set)ring! About a half hour later I get the 2nd one! Then a few more wheat cents. Now that is what I call a hail mary pass to save the day! I am so stoked!

Attachments

• 20150412_211600-1.jpeg
    20150412_211600-1.jpeg
    545 KB · Views: 141
  • 20150412_211615-1.jpeg
    20150412_211615-1.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 7

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the "Chunker!" congrats, Sub8-)

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the mark isn't '88', it is the makers trademark. unfortunately, I don't recall who the maker is, but the symbol is almost like a side by side double infinity, or celtic like design

OP
OP
J

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
the mark isn't '88', it is the makers trademark. unfortunately, I don't recall who the maker is, but the symbol is almost like a side by side double infinity, or celtic like design
I couldn't see that till I blew up pick. With your eyes it looks like a 88. I can see it now.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save!! When all seems lost, one find can change it all around. You did better then just one Awesome find!!

Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions