16.5" Excellerator II coil or 15" WOT for the Sov. GT.. which one is better?

Willy

16.5" Excellerator II coil or 15" WOT for the Sov. GT.. which one is better?

Well, I'm trying to decide, will be getting the WOT in a couple of weeks. Can't do any hunting right now due to piles of snow, so can't really do a side by side comparison. Anybody used both coils? How do they compare for sensitivity (to smaller low conductors) and depth. ..Willy.

M

Mike(Mont)

Re: 16.5" Excellerator II coil or 15" WOT for the Sov. GT.. which one is better?

I have a modified Sovereign (control box moved back) and the WOT is more sensitive to small items than I expected. It pinpoints okay, too. It's a bit heavy, but not unbearable. I reduced the shaft length a couple inches and grab a little higher on the handle and this helps. Never used the Excellerator. If it's heavier, you might consider a Swingy-Thingy.

XT18000

May 26, 2008
Re: 16.5" Excellerator II coil or 15" WOT for the Sov. GT.. which one is better?

I don't think you would notice any difference between the two, both should work ok.
Have never used them so this is just my opinion; I use a 15 x 12 SEF and it will find
very small things very deep and I think any other coil in that size range would also.
Low and slow is a bigger factor than name or exact size. Again just my opinion. HH

OP
OP
W

Willy

So there's probably no real difference. I read, on various forums, posts where the Excellerator coils were given a bad rap.. but it seemed suspiciously gratuitous (slam it 'cause Kellyco sells 'em). That's why I asked about them. I'll be doing a lot of testing and want to see how the Sov. GT with a HUGE coil does for gold prospecting (larger and deeper nuggets); I already have a White's GMT for the small stuff. Also, there's a lake that I intend to hunt this winter. ..Willy.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have used both, WOT wins hands down, no contest......You can not beat the WOT and Sovereign combo.

I can not recommend the WOT high enough. I have 2 Sovereigns, one is waterproof and both have the WOT, both are hot coils......................

Willy buy the WOT, you will not regret it.................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread