Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made my way to Dirtyville for a two day hunt, Saturday, and Sunday.
Hunted sun-up till sun-down, with IH, and IP. Lots of sites for sure, and for anyone thinking minelabs are slow, try to keep up with these two diggers, was going to take a picture of them ahead of me, but didn't have the time. :laughing7:

Had a great time no doubt, and I had my chances, with military found on both sides of me. While I made no earth shattering finds, I did get a 1700's token, and a couple of firsts, would you believe a GEO. 5 nickle is a first ? Well such as it is, it was.

Got to say the chilly on Friday night was very good, thanks IH.

The pics.

IMG_1685.JPG

I guess my favorites are the ships & colonies token, and the tiny underwear buckle.

IMG_1686.JPG

Being still "fired up" I went out yesterday to a site near where I got french Silver before, but it is quite big I only got over maybe 15% of it, thought I was on a site at one point, hearing some iron, and getting half an axe (not shown (thrown away)) and a couple buttons, lead disk...Got to be a site on this property, but I just didn't hit it.

IMG_1692.JPG

Till next time...

EDIT: Yep, you were right IP the little buckle has a gob of rust, that will not come off. And the "condor token", (or what ever CRU calls them) after some "serious" cleaning is not IDable, the shield is the only thing I can see, other side is a blank.

Last edited:
Upvote 11

lost it

Aug 24, 2015
new england
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hopefully you will find your site--and find some more goodies--blah-blah--then send us some pictures--just kidding!

Mathurin

Dec 16, 2014
Vieille Capitale
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any day with multiple old coppers is a great day in my book !
It is amazing the amount of these you guys get unearthed !

congrats !

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was definitely great to be out! Ironhorse was the clear winner, but you came in 2nd as you got over as much, just not the right ones.... or ones quite as good. It's a drag the only new site out of the 5? we tried that I feel will work out is the last one we only hit for a couple of hours.... and it's funny, because a big part of why I decided to go there is because we had dealt with so much modern trash and nothing old at the previous sites it seemed like a pretty good deal digging trash and getting an old find here and there.... as I remembered the site being that way from 10 years ago.

Here's a pic of Rick in action. He didn't want me to get real close. :happysmiley: He is in the middle.

Attachments

• rick1.jpg
    rick1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs!!! Love the tokens bud. I have a similar conder token. Shield on one side, blank on the back. Nice colonial finds :headbang:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs!!! Love the tokens bud. I have a similar conder token. Shield on one side, blank on the back. Nice colonial finds :headbang:

It's strange why most we dig seem to have a shield design as there is a crazy amount of conder tokens that exist, and are not rare.

After so many years detecting I would have expected to have seen a very long list of different ones dug, and I know there has been some but certainly not as many as I would have expected given so many of us hunt sites that is the perfect time frame for them.

The one that really sticks in my brain is one like this. Dug years ago by my friend the Cladman, it was back when we were fairly new and it was our first day on what turned out to be a very good site. He found the coin and we had no idea what it was, but thought it was cool as heck.

Attachments

• zzzzzzz923768.jpg
    zzzzzzz923768.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 67

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoa! Nice tokens and coins. Dirtyville is my kind of place Rick.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was definitely great to be out! Ironhorse was the clear winner, but you came in 2nd as you got over as much, just not the right ones.... or ones quite as good. It's a drag the only new site out of the 5? we tried that I feel will work out is the last one we only hit for a couple of hours.... and it's funny, because a big part of why I decided to go there is because we had dealt with so much modern trash and nothing old at the previous sites it seemed like a pretty good deal digging trash and getting an old find here and there.... as I remembered the site being that way from 10 years ago.

Here's a pic of Rick in action. He didn't want me to get real close. :happysmiley: He is in the middle.

Cool Pic. even zoomed in I look like I'm a mile away...which I pretty much was...perfect.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So once you got into the iron how long was it before you started seeing the dig holes. :)

Nearly one, and the same, don't recall exactly, but no doubt some iron all around there. Seems a few hot rocks as well, reminding me I should get to a cellar hole near me with a different machine, that has many hot rocks.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If 18th C, just call it an 18th C Token, easy & correct.:thumbsup:

Nice haul of stuff, your sites are pretty rammed.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Rick, nice pile of coppers. As for the George nickel they don't seem to pop up that often.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
It takes a very special day of hunting to "shatter the earth "for us, but all in all you did ok; you got got what typically we would dig on any given day.
You're welcome, I make a decent pot of chili from time to time

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most diggers would certainly love a day like that..we certainly have worse days...congrats on a good bunch of finds

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love all those old coppers and buttons. We're the tokens used as currency back when?

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love all those old coppers and buttons. We're the tokens used as currency back when?

Yes, money, and mostly half pennys, some are full penny and large at 34mm (most are that is)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BOY RICK YOU CLEANED UP ON SOME REALLY EARLY FINDS NEAT CUFF LINKS ....

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first, I thought you detected in a strip club! "Ladies and Gentlemen. Up next on the main stage here at Dirtyville, is Crystal Porsche Jazmin Diamond!"

Mike

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool Pic. even zoomed in I look like I'm a mile away...which I pretty much was...perfect.

Really did you have to stay that far up wind? Amazing :)

Very nice selection of finds, time well spent.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul Rick:headbang:
I found that same ship token at one of my favorite Cellar holes..
I see your lowering your detecting standards heading out to Dirtyville:laughing7:

~Blaze~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread