1723. Not too shabby.

M

mailman

This Hibernia, as it's called was found by me this past fall in what was once maybe a tavern or store. No one knows for sure. I had just bought my Prizm II and was just too anxious to find something old. Well, this is surely going to be hard to beat. Well, just the other day, I picked up an MXT and will be trying my best to beat it but will have to be patient and see what happens. Just wanted to share.
Happy Hunting!
Eric

Attachments

• 1723.JPG
    1723.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,399
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Coin Eric. Good luck at beating that one :) go for the GOLD ......... ; jeff

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) Grats to you very nice I would have ^*#(& my pants if i pulled that out,HH

R

rvbvetter

Great find!! Just wondering. Is your coin about the size of a quarter or maybe just a little bigger. The reason i ask is that here in calif. we sometimes go to a beach by monterey and sift sand with screens for coins that have been washing ashore for years from an unknown sunken ship. Anyway ones with any definition left have the same words and dots between them and profile facing right like you'res Just trying to i.d. ours. Thanks

OP
OP
M

mailman

I will post a picture of it and a quarter so you can see the size difference. Right now I have to get to work. Check back this afternoon. I also found three coppers at the site and will post those too. Oh yeah, a buckle also.

J

Jim Cal

Wow! Super find. What area of the country are you in? Can't wait to see the other pictures. Jim Cal

OP
OP
M

mailman

The size is about the same as a quarter. Slightly larger, but not by much. The other coppers have no real discernable markings. The buckle is a shoe buckle. All were found within 15 feet. I live in the Northeast. Again, Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• fallfinds2.JPG
    fallfinds2.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,250

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey neat little piece of history you got there in you hands very COOL,i would have lost my body functions also!so keep up the good findings! ;D

R

rvbvetter

Thats the size of ours to. Because of the salt most are nothing but a disk. But once in awhile we'll get one with some detail to it. Thanks for posting the pics Mailman. Fantastic finds. WTG!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats one of those finds we all hope to get when we go hunting. The condition of the coin looks real good too. Nice find keep it up and HH!

Attachments

• Shocked.jpg
    Shocked.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 972
  • Shocked.jpg
    Shocked.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 926

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab,

Whats the heating and the wax do?

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 810
  • question.jpg
    question.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 807
M

mtl-huntr

I envy you guys in that part of the country....I doubt much 1700 stuff is laying around in Oklahoma

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread